Corsair Community

Corsair micro usb to m/board header from light node pro in the LL fan tripple pack

replicator

Hi,

Can any forum members point me in the direction in obtaining one of these cables please within the UK, Corsair micro usb to m/board header from light node pro in the LL fan triple pack.

Thank you

20210816_152136.jpg

There's nothing special about it. It's just a standard, run of the mill, mini USB connector. I did an Amazon search for "mini usb to usb header" and came up with a bunch.

Only thing is to make sure you put it on correctly if you get one that doesn't have the full USB 2 port block.

I too found a few but they do not seem  to have the same amount of wires in the m/board connector side as the official Corsair cable ie 2x black into 1 pin 3x red into 1 pin and so on.

5 hours ago, replicator said:

Hi,

Can any forum members point me in the direction in obtaining one of these cables please within the UK, Corsair micro usb to m/board header from light node pro in the LL fan triple pack.

Thank you

20210816_152136.jpg

It just needs a single port. I've used very similar ones myself so that I can put 2 LNPs on a single USB header.

DevBiker would this work even though it has less wires in the header part as the Corsair one.

pic.jpg

Yes. This is where you'll need to be careful to line the up correctly though.

The USB 2.0 header actually has 2 USB ports; 1 port on each row and each port requires 4 wires. The 10-pin connector is keyed so that you can only insert it one way with the #9 pin blocked. The #10 pin is another ground intended for the housing of the USB port (like on the front of a case). This cable uses 1 of the ports but, as it doesn't have the key, it's possible to put it on backwards, which would be bad.

The black wire will go on the side with the key (missing pin on the header). However, as long as it's oriented correctly, it can go on either row (the 4-pin row or the 5-pin row) as the housing ground isn't needed.

DevBiker, your an absolute star.