Corsair Community

Latest ICue high CPU usage

Hi there all very new to this, I have recently built my system all up and running I have one issue however I cue reports CPU load anything from 20 percent upwards and temps in the 50 degrees range. I have tried all the fixes suggested whilst i was trying to sort it out and nothing works the strange thing is I have noticed is if I open HWinfo at the same time don't have to run it just open it then ICUE says the usage is one percent and the temps drop to 28 or thereabouts and it will stay that way until I reboot the system and then it starts again.  Any help or ideas, suggestions would be most appreciated.  System specs are ASUS rog strix BF450 2 motherboard, Ryzen 3600, 16gb Ram,H115I platinum AIO, Three Corsair LL120s, Obsidian 500 case and commander pro. All running fine apart from that one issue.

Icue After.png

Icue Before.png

2 hours ago, George_Byron said:

I have tried all the fixes suggested whilst i was trying to sort it out and nothing works

You weren't specific, so starting from the top...   

1) Be careful running HWiNFO and CUE at the same time.  They try and access the same devices and get tangled up.  Possible results are loss of fan control, data lock ups, and most often gibberish data.  It is most likely that 1% CPU usage is either a frozen value or the interaction is the root cause.  At a minimum, you need to disable the H115i Monitoring in the Safety Tab -> disable Asetek/Corsair Link monitoring (from the small launch box in your picture -> settings).  In my experience the Commander Pro monitoring can be problematic as well.  You can disable monitoring of the device by right-clicking the sensor panel -> Commander Pro device.  It should turn into a red X.

2) If CUE is showing 30% as well as the task manager in Windows without HWiNFO running, do a repair install from the Windows Apps list.  Click on Corsair iCUE and select modify.  This will not delete any of your settings and profiles while it re-installs the app and is a good basic first troubleshooting step for weird issues.  Hefty CPU usage like this is almost always a installation issue or two programs fighting it out for control.  

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have disabled all in HWinfo I don't seem to be able to disable the monitoring of the commander pro right clicking gives me the options of hide graph increase or remove, if I don't run HWinfo and just use task manager the results are the same CPU Usage drops like a stone as an aside I dint seem to be able to replicate this as once did it is now maybe happening maybe one times out of then but before it was ten times out of ten weird to say the least.  Once again thank you for the reply I appreciate it greatly.

EDIT its back just appearing to do it randomly now. Can be ok for a while then suddenly appears.

OK, I am a little less concerned if it is moving around vs. being pinned at 30% minimum, with additional load on top of that.  Another possible area of software conflict is Asus Armory Crate vs CUE.  They are designed to work together and there is a specific plugin for RGB control handoff to CUE.  This is in the settings page of CUE, "enable plugins" slider.  You might turn it off then restart the PC so all of the associated sub-programs can re-load.  High CPU usage is not the normal issue, but we have seen it before and Armory Crate does far more than simply handle LED lights.  

In HWiNFO, if you click on the device name, it should give you an option to disable monitoring.  That will stop the polling.  I don't think that is what's going on here, but it can have other consequences.  The most common is you lose control of the fan speeds in CUE.

Screenshot (90).png

• Corsair Employees

Make sure that you have also downloaded and installed the latest chipset driver directly from AMD's website and are also running the Ryzen Balanced Windows power plan. Also you showed a screenshot of the iCUE software with the usage but you did not actually show your task manager showing your CPU usage when in the Processes tab so it is hard to just assume that iCUE is indeed the sole cause of the CPU usage you are seeing.

• 3 weeks later...

First Off very sorry for the extremely late reply I got hit by the dreaded covid, secondly I would like to say a huge thank you to the people who replied I actually think the situation has resolved itself well I cannot get it to happen again all seems good idle temps don't go above 30 so whet it was i have zero idea only thig i have changed was to add a lighting node pro kit.  So once again thank you so much i appreciate it greatly.