Corsair Community

Changelog missing known issue of broken ASUS plugin...

DOTTAT

Why are the changelogs not mentioning the fact that the asus plugin has been broken by these recent updates?  Even the latest update leaves corsair ram on its own and unable to be controlled via the plugin.

Edited by DOTTAT

Hmmm ... really? The Asus plugin is working fine on my machine ... which would lead one to think that perhaps they aren't broken - at least, not universally.

That said, sometimes getting the right versions of the Armoury Crate and iCUE that do work together requires the ritual sacrifice of chickens. I'd suggest starting with making sure that Armoury Crate is updated.

13 hours ago, DevBiker said:

Hmmm ... really? The Asus plugin is working fine on my machine ... which would lead one to think that perhaps they aren't broken - at least, not universally.

That said, sometimes getting the right versions of the Armoury Crate and iCUE that do work together requires the ritual sacrifice of chickens. I'd suggest starting with making sure that Armoury Crate is updated.

Question Here: is armory crate from ASUS really requires?..... because right now i just have installed the Asus Aura App (ver 1.07.22) and used to work flawlessly but in the last 2 updates, i have been experience weird situations were the lightingservice seems to crash and lock in the color of the last profile used.

Edited by Shadowmaker

On 8/16/2021 at 10:51 PM, DevBiker said:

7 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

The older Asus Aura software is no longer actively supported by Asus and you will need to switch to Armoury Crate as their developed and provided plugin for the iCUE integration does not work with the older Aura software anymore.

12 hours ago, Shadowmaker said:

Question Here: is armory crate from ASUS really requires?..... because right now i just have installed the Asus Aura App (ver 1.07.22) and used to work flawlessly but in the last 2 updates, i have been experience weird situations were the lightingservice seems to crash and lock in the color of the last profile used.

On 8/16/2021 at 10:51 PM, DevBiker said:

So the last version that works for me is v4.12.214. Latest armory crate and even reinstalled windows on one of the two pc. They both have the same Asus x570 tuf board and Corsair vengeance ram. If I update, armory crate gas zero control over the ram and it will only display rainbow. It also eventually gets lighting completely locked up. 

if I immediately downgrade to icue v4.12.214, control is immediately restored and the ram RGB  follows armory crate again.  Same on a clean windows install and replicated on two machines. 

I have this problem too, the problem comes from iCUE: when I run the pc iCUE no longer opens by itself I have to start it manually and when iCUE loads and displays the Asus motherboard the rgb of the whole system This freeze, the only way to unlock everything and go to Armory and in the Aura tab for Armory to take back control of the RGB, I have the impression that the plugin is struggling to handle iCUE with the new update Regains control of the RGB, I have the impression that the plugin has trouble handling iCUE with the new update

Edited by K4mex

On 8/17/2021 at 11:00 AM, Shadowmaker said:

OK.. so after removing the Aura software and install Armory Crate everything seems the same with the weird lock on into last profile but i just find out that the main culprit of that is Bioshock Remastered!.... 

If i launch for example BF4, everything works as intended: When the game launch, every single hardware manage by iCUE change to the respective color scheme configure in the profile for the game and if i close it, everything falls back to the default profile with the correspondent color scheme.

BUT... if i launch Bioshock Remastered, the profile assigned to the game switch without problems, but if i close the game, everything fall back to the default profile EXCEPT for the Asus hardware, who stays in the Bioshock Remastered Profile color scheme.

The only way to solve that situation is closing iCUE, restart the lightingservice service and launch iCUE again.

To add to the weirdness, it seems that Bioshock also affects the color scheme configure in my Logitech G560 because after a while playing, the rear leds just went off.

Edited by Shadowmaker

17 hours ago, Shadowmaker said:

OK.. so after removing the Aura software and install Armory Crate everything seems the same with the weird lock on into last profile but i just find out that the main culprit of that is Bioshock Remastered!.... 

If i launch for example BF4, everything works as intended: When the game launch, every single hardware manage by iCUE change to the respective color scheme configure in the profile for the game and if i close it, everything falls back to the default profile with the correspondent color scheme.

BUT... if i launch Bioshock Remastered, the profile assigned to the game switch without problems, but if i close the game, everything fall back to the default profile EXCEPT for the Asus hardware, who stays in the Bioshock Remastered Profile color scheme.

The only way to solve that situation is closing iCUE, restart the lightingservice service and launch iCUE again.

To add to the weirdness, it seems that Bioshock also affects the color scheme configure in my Logitech G560 because after a while playing, the rear leds just went off.

Forget that wall of text!..... after more testing, also happen random even with BF4 and other games!

Exactly what I said above

So... after checking the iCUE Log files (C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Corsair\CUE4\logs) i found out that when the lights stay lock in the ASUS components, this entry start to pop up a lot:

2021-08-19 08:26:40.368 C cue.plugin: Cannot call: "setLedsColors" "ASUS/asus_plugin.dll"

and this 2 very occasionally:

2021-08-19 08:28:15.751 W cue.lightings.profile_source: Not supported basic effect: 2
2021-08-19 08:28:15.753 W cue.profiles.mic_prop_sync: Cached sidetone is Unknown

After restart the iCUE and the LightingService, neither of those pop up in the log files anymore.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Shadowmaker
More info

The problem is iCUE, I have the impression that it is the plugin that allows you to use Armory that conflicts with iCUE, what I do not understand is that after launching Armory and being Went to the tab 'Aura sync, everything restarts without problem

These are my issues with Asus Plugin/Corsair ICue :

Asus led from the MB and the VGA freezes more than often, sometimes withput any known reasons and everytime there is an automatic profile switch.

So when I launch a game with a profile attached Asus led freezes. I stop ICue then relaunch it when the game is on

When I close the game, Asus led freezes again...

I read above that there could be some magical mixing with both Corsair and Asus software version... Hope I could find the recipe !

• 2 weeks later...

So i'm guessing at this point we might as well consider the asus plugin DEAD and share this on the PC build forums and tech sites as well?>  This is a sad development and definitely not one to prompt me to buy more corsair products.  

This issue has been reported and is easily replicated and undone via a rollback to the last icue version where it worked. 

Not sure why it's being ignored... other than the fact it's tying into other vendors hardware.

• 1 month later...

I completely dropped the idea, I tried to revert to version v4.12.214 nothing given, I tried everything I contacted Corsair according to them he is working on it for the next update ..

Latest Armory Crate didn't resolve the issue for me! Still suffer from color freezes from time to time.....

But i just find out that the main culprit of this issue are normal CPU spikes!

For example... everytime i open Vivaldi Browser, the CPU rise to maybe 55% for about 2 seconds while opening (which is very typical with every browser) and in that moment the freeze happen!

14 hours ago, Shadowmaker said:

Latest Armory Crate didn't resolve the issue for me! Still suffer from color freezes from time to time.....

But i just find out that the main culprit of this issue are normal CPU spikes!

For example... everytime i open Vivaldi Browser, the CPU rise to maybe 55% for about 2 seconds while opening (which is very typical with every browser) and in that moment the freeze happen!

Yes.... I already had to remove and reinstall lightingservice once as it simply stopped running all together. While control is back and I've been able to make it work it seems like something else is hanging on (memory leakish).  Going to continue testing.