Corsair Community

H100I RGB RPO XT Fan speeding up

Hi,

I have a H100I RGB PRO XT in my system, usually it works fin  but occasionally the fans just speed up for no reason whatsoever,

I have both of my fans set at a custom RPM of 1250, but they are currently spinning at about 2450, I've tried to lower the fixed RPM, tried the default cooling presets, nothing works. Sometimes my fans will also stop spinning entirely or spin at about 300 RPM even if I have a custom fan curve, fixed RPM or using a preset like Extreme or balanced.

What's the coolant temperature in the cooler? Over 40C?

16 minutes ago, DevBiker said:

What's the coolant temperature in the cooler? Over 40C?

As of right now? 26C, usually its about 34~37C

• Corsair Employees

Do you have anything like HWiNFO64, CPU-ID, or any other hardware monitoring software on your PC? It could be a conflict with iCUE trying to pull the temperature itself but being blocked by the other software, so it's going to max speeds because it'd rather overcool than not cool enough without the proper info.

Just now, Corsair Kelsi said:

Do you have anything like HWiNFO64, CPU-ID, or any other hardware monitoring software on your PC? It could be a conflict with iCUE trying to pull the temperature itself but being blocked by the other software, so it's going to max speeds because it'd rather overcool than not cool enough without the proper info.

I do have hardware info installed, but I have my fans set at a fixed RPM not a custom curve, and HwInfo doesn't pull coolant data does it?

1 hour ago, That Kid World said:

I do have hardware info installed, but I have my fans set at a fixed RPM not a custom curve, and HwInfo doesn't pull coolant data does it?

Yes, it does, unless you turn it off. With HWInfo, go to the settings, under "Safety" (hint ... hint) and UNCHECK "Corsair Link/Asetek Support".

Also, a screen cap of your Cooling configuration would be helpful.

1 hour ago, DevBiker said:

Yes, it does, unless you turn it off. With HWInfo, go to the settings, under "Safety" (hint ... hint) and UNCHECK "Corsair Link/Asetek Support".

Also, a screen cap of your Cooling configuration would be helpful.

So here is the screen shot of my cooling config:image.thumb.png.257033d4b5d0337816c3137eff724b9e.png

I've also disabled Corsair Link/Asetek support in HwInfo like you said but nothings changed

What fans are you using with the cooler?

On 8/15/2021 at 5:58 PM, DevBiker said:

What fans are you using with the cooler?

I'm using the stock fans that come with the cooler

2 hours ago, That Kid World said:

I'm using the stock fans that come with the cooler

I figured. So that's certainly quite odd - they shouldn't be spinning that fast. It's possible that your cooler isn't sending out the PWM signal - that's really about the only thing that I can think of here. I would contact support.

The other thing you can try is to force update the firmware on the cooler.  There was a run of Platinum/XT fan controller lock ups a while back, but not recently.  You also can wait for Support to suggest the same.  If that does not work, you can take the fans off the AIO fan controller and move them to the motherboard to get some relief.  2400 rpm is too much to tolerate for any prolonged period of time.