Corsair Community

I bought the Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless Headset recently. (CA-9011185-NA) I unboxed it and plugged it in. It was an awesome experience, for about 10 minutes. After which I was prompted by iCue to update the firmware. Immediately after updating the firmware with the headset and dongle plugged directly into the USB on my system, my headset and dongle started blinking red. Now they will not work.

Since this, I have tried numerous fixes from this forum as well as the FAQ and across other forums. I submitted a ticket with support as well. All I can find are articles where the author is looking for a fix and Corsair contacts but never resolves or they never contact and the author ends up giving up and returning the product. I don't really have a lot of confidence this is going to be resolved for me.

If anyone other than Corsair customer support can reassure me or has encountered this and knows what to do, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

I just decided to return them. I don't want to waste my time or money on weeks and weeks of complaining to support. It sounds like Corsair would rather loose their customers than actually fix the problem. Time to look for a new keyboard and mouse too. My suggestion to everyone on this forum is to do the same.

• Corsair Employees
2 hours ago, Rasec192 said:

I had the same problem, im trying to fix this but there seems like support is nonexistent...

Sorry about the delays in response from our support team--they're pretty massively overwhelmed right now and are a few days behind on responses. But I can possibly help you. When you have both the dongle and the headset plugged into the PC, can you go to the "Device Settings" for each and tell me which firmware versions each of them are running?

12 minutes ago, Corsair Kelsi said:

Sorry about the delays in response from our support team--they're pretty massively overwhelmed right now and are a few days behind on responses. But I can possibly help you. When you have both the dongle and the headset plugged into the PC, can you go to the "Device Settings" for each and tell me which firmware versions each of them are running?

Hello, the dongle only says "v. ?" in the firmware version, and the headset  is "v. 0.17.149" i tried to update the dongle but it dissapears when i try to do so. 

image.png

If this is such a common issue, why have they not taken steps to resolve and create an article with a fix? I understand that Corsair support is busy but everyone gets busy. I am super busy. I saved money and worked hard to buy the headset and for it not to work right out of the box is unacceptable to me.

I would not have bought the headset if I had seen what a headache it is to try to resolve. But that's my fault for not doing my research. Now I just have to ship it back to Amazon and wait 7 days for my money back. Oh well.