Corsair Community

LL120 Fans keep failing

Grantykinss

So I've had the LL120 fans for about 6months to 7months now and I recently had one fail, no problem I thought I have a spare, so I replaced it everything was working fine for about a week or two and then another fan fails, based on what I've read on here with other people having issues and based on my issues do these things happen a lot or am I extremely unlucky? Because I don't want to keep replacing fans, considering the cost I don't expect them to have half a year of life before the LEDs fail in them. 

Unfortunately it only takes 1 LED failure to ruin the show in a series circuit. Certainly other people have experienced this, but there is no way to come up with a percentage. There are a lot fans and a lot of LEDs out there.

I have approximately 55 Corsair RGB fans in various models. Some have been in use for almost 5 years now. I had my first fail this year and it was a single LED on a brand new fan. It was probably doomed from the moment that LED was pressed on an assembly line. That’s just how it goes with inexpensive lighting elements. So two in a short time period is unlucky, but if there are more it might be time to start asking questions about the power delivery and the controller. 

Edited by c-attack

if you mostly use white color, it shortens RGB led life quite drastically. in that case, reduce brightness to avoid stressing LEDs too much.