Corsair Community

Can I use commander Pro for the fans of the H150i elite capellix?

Hi All,

I have a h150i elite cappelix, which I want the fans to be managed by the commander pro. Obviously I still need the commander core to wire up the pump.

So see my design below. I have a 5000X case. What I did is:

- removed the PWM fan controller included in the case --> wired it up to the commander PRO
- Used the commander PRO as the FAN controller for the H150i fans
- Connected all casefans and H150I fans to the RGB hub included with the case
- Connected the Pump to the commander core

So my concrete question is: Will the H150 elite cappelix setup work with this setup? Or do I have to connect the fans and RGB to the commander core in order to get it working?

image.thumb.png.f2576a478861ddc97f1b3490bc7d65a3.png

Will it work? Yes. It is ideal? No.

The RGB doesn't matter but the fan speed/pwm should be controlled from the Commander Core. While the CoPro will be able to adjust fan speed based on the cooler's temp, it'll only do it when iCUE is running. With the Commander Core, it can control the fan speeds natively ... so you'll get it on boot as well.

18 hours ago, DevBiker said:

Will it work? Yes. It is ideal? No.

The RGB doesn't matter but the fan speed/pwm should be controlled from the Commander Core. While the CoPro will be able to adjust fan speed based on the cooler's temp, it'll only do it when iCUE is running. With the Commander Core, it can control the fan speeds natively ... so you'll get it on boot as well.

So I fI understand will, the pump will work, the fans will work, but the speed management only when icue works bc of no pwm.

but initially when I boot the fans will run and the pump will run right ?

Is the speed of the pump also managed or is this constant?

No, not because of no PWM. Not at all. Both handle PWM fans just fine. It's just that the CoPro won't be able to read the value of the coolant temperature from the Commander Core. The fans will run at startup ... at full speed until iCUE loads. It's the exact same reason that we've been recommended folks connect fans to the pump header and not the Commander Pro. Put the fans for the radiator on the Commander Core.

The pump speed will be managed from the Commander Core.