Corsair Community

whats the max temp on corsairs hard tube used in there water coolling kits

Quick question guys

what is the temperature limit for corsair's Hard tubing ??

I seen 200 deg for pex tubing what about acrylic tubing ??

thanks

Do you mean for shaping or maximum fluid temp when in use?

fluid temps

60C is the listed spec for the hardline and all the Hydro X gear. That is a somewhat casual line and nothing happens at 61C, but in terms of CPU or component temps, a 60C fluid baseline will put you into the 95-100C hardware temp the moment the voltage comes on. That makes it unusable from a performance standpoint rather than a material failure point. 

Edited by c-attack

D5 pumps are also cooled by the liquid, also rated at 60°C max.

Corsair doesn't sell PETG tubing as far as i know. that's the only material that fails around those temps. It should be avoided like the plague anyway for watercooling. better left to mineral water bottle duties 🙂

cool thanks guys no worries here then 45 c is as High as I seen it while gaming

45C is a not uncommon for Summer when you have elevated baseline temps. If your baseline coolant temp is 30-35C now, then 45C is a pretty normal end result.  Hardware and radiator size and fan speed play the heavy hand. If you use the Hydro X fan curves, they don’t even turn on until 34C (or thereabouts) guaranteeing you will be in the upper 30s at a minimum. 

ya 31 to 35 C is what I am seeing for base temps with a 10% load 5090X cpu and a 2080 TI in the loop running a 360 rad on top and a 280 rad in front my first water cooled 🙂

ssds.jpg

If I am seeing the picture correctly, it looks like you are using the front 280mm as intake and the top 360mm as exhaust. That does reduce the cooling potential of the top radiator. The intake air temp is part of the heat dissipation calculation or more simply stated, if you blow 37C air at a radiator with a 37C coolant temp, then the coolant temp is going to exit the radiator at 37C too — or no change. 

You might consider flipping the front 140s to exhaust and then that single low floor fan to intake to compensate. That would then dump the waste heat directly out while still providing ample intake air volume from the 3x120 side and 1x120 floor. There are a lot of possible ways to set up that case, but this change does not require and plumbing changes. On the other hand, if you are satisfied with your component temps (Cpu and Gpu), then you don’t need to do anything.