Corsair Community

Issues with Pro/Node/Inconsistent lighting

Duffy3074

Hi there

Thanks for looking at this. 

I've just built a water setup around a 570X RGB.

This comes with 3 SP120 RGB fans attached to a Corsair RGB fan hub. 

I bought a Commander Pro and a XD3 pump along with another 3  Icue SP120 RGB Pro performance fans

The fan hub is connected to led output 1 on the Pro, the pump to output 2. 

The pump and channel 2 perform entirely normally. 

However....channel 1!!!

With the three original fans plugged into ports 1,2 and 3, then  everything is fine, everything responds as it should, plug in the three new fans to 4, 5 and 6 and I lose all output. 

Plug the new fans into 1,2,3 and they give nothing unless I set the channel 1 lighting as RGB strips in Icue. Anything else lights up a random LED on a random fan. 

I plugged the original wired case controller back into the hub, bypassing the Pro, with all six fans plugged in they all give off the default output but only the original three respond to any colour change instructions. 

The Commander Pro doesn't detect the fan hub, should it?

Any other thoughts on what's going on?

Will banging my head repeatedly against a brick wall help? It hasn't so far to be fair. 

Everything's upto date re firmware software etc etc 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Duffy3074 said:

This comes with 3 SP120 RGB

along with another 3  Icue SP120 RGB Pro performance fans

The problem is these are not the same fan and the "original" 4 LED SP120 RGB from the 570x are an odd duck that cannot be combined with any other fan type.  Your new SP-120 PRO fans are 8 LED and dissimilar in several other respects.  Unfortunately, those old SP120-RGB that were the first Corsair RGB fans are no longer easy to integrate into current systems.  They either need their own RGB channel (with nothing else) or run them from the thumb remote.  Neither is a great solution.  

Plug the new fans into 1,2,3 and they give nothing unless I set the channel 1 lighting as RGB strips in Icue

They should if you change the lighting set-up to "SP-PRO/ELITE" (CUE 3) or "8 LED fan" (CUE 4).  There are multiple 8 LED fan models including the SP-PRO, SP-Elite, and ML-Elite.  

Edited by c-attack
  • Like 1