Corsair Community

Since the update 4.14.179 the fans of my 3090 do not stop anymore.

djase

Hi,

Since the last update 4.14.179, the fans on my 3090FE no longer shut down like they did before this update and stay at 30%.

Once I disable the plugins and make icue no longer control my gpu, the fans shut down fine when they should.

Apparently this must be due to the fact that the fans are no longer supported with the latest version of icue. Back to the previous version and everything works again.

I know there is the covid-19 bla bla, but you have to test your software before releasing it !. This is becoming a very unpleasant habit at corsair.

Edited by djase

• Corsair Employees

The loss of the Nvidia 30-series FE fan control is due to a change that Nvidia decided to make with a driver going back to mid June which we have no control over. If you wish for fan control over your FE card you will need to look at other avenues for that control at this time. 

I understood it well.
But why if I enable icue support for my gpu with the latest version, even the program I use to regulate my fans (FanControl https://github.com/Rem0o/FanControl.Releases/releases) can't stop them anymore? Back to previous versions of icue and everything goes back to normal.
Basically, if you install the latest version of icue and activate the gpu support, no program is able to stop the fans anymore, even FanControl, which can do it perfectly normally. It's a real shame, isn't it? 

Edited by djase

no more news from you, thank you for your professionalism. 😇

Ok I did a clean install of iCUE and everything is working now! sorry for the inconvenience.