Corsair Community

How to link backlight brightness key on keyboard to mouse

Dazlidorne

I have a Corsair K95 RGB Platinum keyboard and M65 RGB Elite mouse and I would like to be able to control the lighting brightness on the mouse with the same button I do for the keyboard, which is of course the backlight brightness key located on the upper left side of the keyboard between the profile switch key and windows key disable key.  I would like to toggle the brightness of the mouse and keyboard at the same time and more importantly, turn off the led lights on both at night when I go to bed.  Is there a simple way to link the mouse to this key in order to do this?

• Corsair Employees

The brightness button on the Keyboard is purely for the keyboard and you will not be able to use it to control the brightness of your mouse. 

I know that is the way it operates by default, I was just hoping there was a way to link the mouse to the button.  It would make sense for the button to control all the Corsair devices connected to it, not just the keyboard.  How would someone request this as a new feature?

The brightness button on the KB is hardware specific. Your mouse is using the pass through usb on the kb and going right out that second wire back to the MB ports. There is no interoperability between them. While the joint brightness function seems logical to you, someone else would be infuriated if changing settings on one device affected them all. This has to be done in the software environment (CUE) and not the hardware environment (button). 

If you only want a blackout setting, that is relatively easily using the “scenes” function. Create a new scene in the left menu, static, and set the color to 0,0,0 black. This will turn off the LEDs for all CUE devices in the system. It is like a blanket on top of your existing profiles, so all other settings besides lighting remain in place. You can release specific devices by unchecking them in hardware menu. That will allow their profile assigned lighting to shine through. 

If you are looking for more granular control over the kb and mouse brightness, you may wish to address that through individual lighting settings in the profiles, either as RGB values or individual device settings.