Corsair Community

K55 RGB keyboard cleaning

I already have time with my K55 RGB keyboard and I haven't cleaned it up for a long time. I would like to know how I can clean it up. Can the keys on that keyboard be removed without damaging it? I need help to do a proper cleaning. 

• Corsair Employee

Hey there! I have a video from the Corsair Lab that should help. Everyone has their preferences and I myself like using pressed air dusters (they come in a can) that are meant for cleaning electronics. I wash mine when let's say there's a spill or something sticky. Again, it's up to you but make sure you dry them correctly but NOT using heat! (the keycaps can melt!) Let me know if you need any more help! 

• 2 years later...
On 8/13/2021 at 6:19 PM, Corsair Angie said:

Hey there! I have a video from the Corsair Lab that should help. Everyone has their preferences and I myself like using pressed air dusters (they come in a can) that are meant for cleaning electronics. I wash mine when let's say there's a spill or something sticky. Again, it's up to you but make sure you dry them correctly but NOT using heat! (the keycaps can melt!) Let me know if you need any more help! 

but my k55 doesn't have removable keycaps. Or so it is said