Corsair Community

How to connect 7/8 fans ?

Greetings. So I have the icue 5000x and the icue i1150 elite what has the 3 fans too. This makes 6 fans total. 

now to have on the back of my computer of the case that whould make it a 7 and my power supply is the 8th. 

now I have that attachment with the icue elite what has 6 slots. 

I only have 1 usb place on my motherboard so how can I sinc that at least 7nth fan ? 

Look at the image . I don’t need the 3 side fans but just one or two whould be enough . However I have 1 usb slider on my motherboard. 

sumary : 1 usb slot Port on motherboard 

6 hub fan of Corsair 

but I have 7/8 fans. to control how do I do that ? 
is there like another docking port ? 

or a way to add it to a usb docking slot ? 

C54BC67C-F5BA-4E6B-BFB8-907D908EDE56.jpeg

Yes, that would work, so get more USB headers.

If you want to control them individuel, then yes or a commander pro. If some of the fans is gong to spin at the same speed, they you can use a PWM splitter 

So the one that comes with the cup cooler and only the 10 euro hub are enough or do I need to get the commander pro as wel what is another 60 euros ? 

and I can’t connect that one that comes with the cooler ? 

To also command it yes

So even though I have the 6 hub controller of the cooler I need to get the 10 euro hub to actually give it light and I also need to buy the 60 euro controller thingy to sinc it all togheter with collor what basacly makes another 70 euro ? 

The multipacks of QL Fans come with the Lighting Node Core. This will control the RGB for your fans. You'll need another USB port - so the USB hub is a good idea.

You really don't need individual control over the fan speeds though. I know it might sound like an awesome idea but it quickly becomes a PITA. You'll have groups of fans that you want to control together, at the same speed. Like the radiator fans. Or maybe the six front/side fans. You can do 2x PWM splitters (don't do 3x or more) or you can get a PWM repeater/hub, as long as it is powered. Or you can connect them to the motherboard. All of those are options and don't require getting another Commander Pro if you don't want one.

• Like 1

Do not connect anything directly to your MB RGB or D-RGB headers. These products were not designed for that. The usb 2 connection allows the software to talk to the lighting controller (Lighting Node Core), so if there is no usb connection, it won’t show in CUE and you won’t have control over the lights.

You will need 2 controllers for 10(?) fans. Up to 6 can go on the Commander Core RGB side and up to 6 can go to a Lighting Node Core. How you split the 10 up into 2 groups is up to you, but each group will act like a separate unit. You likely want to plan for that ahead of time. Under the circumstances it would make sense to keep the 8 LED fans from the AIO and PSU together, probably with the rear exhaust as well. 

• Like 1