Corsair Community

Stock PMW Repeater with 678C Case & Commander Core from iCue H100i Cooler

Greetings...It has been quite some time since I have built a rig, so forgive the learning curve here. The case I bought comes with 3 140mm fans. The CoCo from the cooler package has spots for 6 fans. Rather than use the the PMW repeater that comes with the case, can the 3 case fans simply be plugged into the CoCo since there are more than enough positions available? Is the order important, as far as the positions you plug fans in? I'm not real versed on fans other than the silly things in the middle go round and round.

Essentially, I would have spots 1 & 2 used the the cooler fans, 4 & 5 for the 2 fans in the front of the case, and 5 for the backside fan. 

Help a noob out, please and thank you.

Order is not important. And yes, you can control the fan speed of any PWM fan from the Commander Core.

• Like 1

Thank you for the confirmation. Is it safe to say that this is a well know truism, and that my noob status is even worse than I thought? It seems like at the very least the literature included with each piece of hardware should have some note explaining this. Science knows there is enough blank space in the manuals.

Party On!!!

Just now, Dag Hanson said:

Is it safe to say that this is a well know truism, and that my noob status is even worse than I thought? It seems like at the very least the literature included with each piece of hardware should have some note explaining this. Science knows there is enough blank space in the manuals.

Party On!!!

I'm not sure if it's a "well known truism" ... certainly, with the RGB, it matters. So it's not unreasonable for someone just getting into this to have a question about the PWM as well. It's certainly fine to ask - that's what we're here for. We were all noobs once, ya know. 😉 

As for the manuals ... <sigh> ... no comment. 😛

Yes, the RGB side of the controller is completely independent from the PWM side. You could run 6 RGB fans from the RGB ports and 6 different fans from the PWM side for speed control. Order or port # never matters on the PWM side. Use whatever helps you remember the position vs port #. 

For the RGB side, order has a direct bearing on the sequential moving effects. The lighting effect will start at 1, finish at the last populated port, then restart at 1.