Corsair Community

Controlling ql fans and elite capellix rgb via commander pro

i recently purchased a corsair elite capellix h150i and 4 ql fans and a commander pro i have the elite capellix all plugged into the node it came with and same for the ql fans then i plugged both the nodes into the usb on the commander pro and now im wondering if i can control the rgb with that set up and if so how?

So you have a Commander Core, Commander Pro, and a Lighting Node Core all in there?  That's a lot for 7 fans.  Unless you have another use for it, the Commander Pro can probably go.  Use a standard 2 way PWM splitter on one of the Commander Core's fan control ports and pair 2 of them off.

For lighting, you probably want two controllers... at least for now.  In the "Lighting Set-up" tab for each device, you need to designate the fan type and number of fans so the program knows how many LEDs to generate.  The Commander Core should auto-detect its fans as ML-Elite (8 LED) and only show the the three.  You can force an auto detect run in the settings or set it manually.  For the Lighting Node Core, go to lighting set-up and select QL x 4.  Once that is done, both controllers should show the proper fan type and number in the Lighting Effects tab so you can start adding patterns.