Corsair Community

Possible Bad XMS TWINX

I have two pairs of XMS TWINX CMX512-3200C2 memory. Recently, my computer would not boot.After playing around for a while, I found that if I removed one matched pair, the computer would boot. I tried to reinstall the pair, and the computer would not boot again. The symptoms that I get are, the computer will turn on, the hard drives spin up, but I get no video, and the computer will just hang requiring me to hold the power button or switch the power supply to turn it off. I tried using the pair that I took out, in the slots where the other memory still works, but it will not boot.

Thank You

-Ryan

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me our modules part# and revision of all of the modules (How To Read the Memory Label) and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Can you tell me our modules part# and revision of all of the modules (How To Read the Memory Label) and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

OK,

Part #: CMX512-3200C2

Revision: XMS3202v5.1

That is on all of them.

As for the Motherboard it is a Gigabyte K8N SLI - Ultra. I have an AMD FX-55 (4000+) with 2000 FSB.

I have not modified the BIOS at all, and I have not tweaked any performance settings. I cannot find anything in the BIOS about memory other than overclocking the voltage.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

-Ryan

At the main bios screen please hit CNTRL + F1 and then set the memory frequency manually to DDR333 and I woudl set the dim over voltage control to +.2 Volts.

Ok, I did both of these things. After that I saved the settings, turned off the computer, and put the other two modules, when I turned it on, I am still having the same symptoms.

• Corsair Employees

rapinkh,

I am sorry I dont understand what you are trying to say!

So one set works and one set is failing but it's only one of the modules from the failing set. Is that what you are trying to say? If so then lets get that set replaced.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

rapinkh,

I am sorry I dont understand what you are trying to say!

So one set works and one set is failing but it's only one of the modules from the failing set. Is that what you are trying to say? If so then lets get that set replaced.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Sorry I guess I wasnt that clear. Ok, so I tried several different combinations...I used one module from one set and another module from another set, and then tried many different combinations. From those tests I singled out one module that does not work. I hope that is a little more clear.

Archived