Corsair Community

Problems with Virtuoso RBG wireless

My headset updated the firmware through iCUE software the other night, and since this has happened, the lights blink red on the mic and on the wireless dongle. I can't connect my headset to the wireless dongle. I believe the dongle needs a firmware update, but the iCUE software simply does not update the firmware when you try and force an update. Pairing is constantly greyed out on the dongle, and if you try and pair via the headset menu, it hangs forever.

The firmware on my headset is v. 0.19.157, the dongle shows as v. 5.4.99

I've had this headset for two weeks, and I'm not happy that I can no longer use it wirelessly. I emailed customer support at the start of the week and have recieved no response. Having searched the forum for info, I see this is not a new problem for this headset, but people get told to message to recieve firmware? Why is this firmware not readily available? 

• Like 1

• Corsair Employees

Hi there, I'm so sorry for the issue you're having with your headset. We don't make the firmware readily available due to how easy it would be to [soft] brick a device by unintentionally flashing the wrong firmware to the device. However, I can get that firmware to you if you PM me with a photo of the P/N (should start with "CA-" and be on a label beneath the right earcup) so I can make sure I send you the right files 🙂

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 1:38 PM, Corsair Kelsi said:

Hi there, I'm so sorry for the issue you're having with your headset. We don't make the firmware readily available due to how easy it would be to [soft] brick a device by unintentionally flashing the wrong firmware to the device. However, I can get that firmware to you if you PM me with a photo of the P/N (should start with "CA-" and be on a label beneath the right earcup) so I can make sure I send you the right files 🙂

Had the same problem today, i just updated the firmware for my virtuoso and i can no longer pair with the dongle

I already replaced my own headset once, in store because it kept cutting out on the wireless. The replacement has the same issue. I've opened 2 tickets with support and not response yet...

I'm very close to returning the 2nd headset (I'm still within 2 weeks).

6 hours ago, whousthat said:

I already replaced my own headset once, in store because it kept cutting out on the wireless. The replacement has the same issue. I've opened 2 tickets with support and not response yet...

I'm very close to returning the 2nd headset (I'm still within 2 weeks).

Yeah I'm not sure what else I can do tbh. I've tried every avenue of contact other then phone support, and I'm not doing that because of international rates. I absolutely love this headset but I'll be forced to return it if I can't get any support.

• Like 1