Corsair Community

For quite a while now (a year I would estimate) I'm having issues with the left click on the mouse when it's connected via USB-C to (any) PC. When I left-click the mouse it acts like I'm holding the left-mouse button. Then I need to randomly left- or right-click the mouse to get out of that state. Note that the problem only occurs when it's connected to a PC.

My mouse and iCue software are fully up-to-date and I've reset the mouse to factory settings to make sure it's not profile related.

Can someone please help me solve this annoying issue? Thank you.

• Corsair Employees

Hi Joostiphone,

The first step here is going to be attempting to reinstall the iCUE application to make sure it isn't causing an issue with the mouse input.

Before uninstalling, make sure to back up any profiles you want to keep. You can back up your profiles by exporting them onto your computer.

To uninstall iCUE:

1. Open Control Panel on your computer.
  2. Select Programs and Features.
  3. Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list of programs, then select Uninstall

Once you’ve uninstalled iCUE, you need to remove some files so a clean reinstallation can be done:

1. Press Windows Key + R to open the Run command.
  2. Type %appdata%, then click OK.
  3. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.
  4. Re-open the Run command and type %localappdata%.
  5. Delete any Corsair folders that appear.
  6. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ for iCUE 3, or C:\Program Files\ for iCUE 4.
  7. Delete any Corsair files in that folder.
  8. Press Windows Key + R to open the Run command.
  9. Type Regedit in the Run Window, then click OK.
  10. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete the entire Corsair folder.
    regedit_corsair_folder_1.png

11. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete the entire Corsair folder.
    regedit_corsair_folder_2.jpg

12. Restart your computer.
  13. Download a new iCUE installer file from Corsair.com.
  14. Reinstall iCUE. 

If you need further assistance with these steps, contact Customer Support and they will provide further assistance.

• Corsair Employees

Dear @Corsair Blade,

Unfortunately this didn't work. After connecting it, it still acts as I described in my first post. Any other suggestions?

Hi Joostiphone,

I went ahead and converted this to a support ticket so they can assist more in-depth and investigate warranty options if applicable. Please keep an eye on the email associated with your Corsair account.

Thank you.

I used to be so happy with my Corsair products ( corsair K96 RGB Keyboard and Dark Core Pro wireless mouse) HOWEVER: This problem is very annoying!! it is annoying to a degree where it completely stops my productive work!

I am an owner of the Dark Core Pro and it worked just fine for the first 2 months. Suddenly: non stop double clicking!!

I cannot work with this mouse anymore! My mouse does this in wireless mode, in Bluetooth mode and in USB-C connected Mode!

THIS ISSUE IS KILLING ME! it is impossible to navigate the Web or work on anything. almost every single time i left click my mouse is producing a double click. How is this even possible? Also this issue is widespread if you google it. There are tons of people with the same issue and only for some of them a complete reinstall works. Furthermore it is a disgrace to ask your loyal customers to delete registry entries for example. There are a lot of people out there who have never heard of that before and you simply cannot demand us to go through that whole process.

So first of all: FIX IT or give us a new device in case it is a hardware issue!

Second: right now in Europe there is no way of contacting you, The german phonelines are down and you dont even give me a proper email adress. Also this forum was not accessible until like a couple of days ago.

Edited by Kaishakunin

15 minutes ago, Kaishakunin said:

I used to be so happy with my Corsair products ( corsair K96 RGB Keyboard and Dark Core Pro wireless mouse) HOWEVER: This problem is very annoying!! it is annoying to a degree where it completely stops my productive work!

I am an owner of the Dark Core Pro and it worked just fine for the first 2 months. Suddenly: non stop double clicking!!

I cannot work with this mouse anymore! My mouse does this in wireless mode, in Bluetooth mode and in USB-C connected Mode!

THIS ISSUE IS KILLING ME! it is impossible to navigate the Web or work on anything. almost every single time i left click my mouse is producing a double click. How is this even possible? Also this issue is widespread if you google it. There are tons of people with the same issue and only for some of them a complete reinstall works. Furthermore it is a disgrace to ask your loyal customers to delete registry entries for example. There are a lot of people out there who have never heard of that before and you simply cannot demand us to go through that whole process.

So first of all: FIX IT or give us a new device in case it is a hardware issue!

Second: right now in Europe there is no way of contacting you, The german phonelines are down and you dont even give me a proper email adress. Also this forum was not accessible until like a couple of days ago.

One more idea: if it is a hardware issue: release a youtube tutorial on how to open and clean it for example. This would also work for me. There are plenty of videos online however i am not opening anything without instructions from the original builder

• 7 months later...

@joostiphone I just got this mouse and it's refurbished. It is doing the same thing you described. Did you find something that solved it?

I am using it currently on a laptop that has never had iCue installed, but it does the same thing on my desktop with iCue fully updated.

Normally I solve it by unplugging it and plugging it back in. It only seems to happen when I'm charging it or just plugged in, so it doesn't bother me too often.

Edited by Ghostrider419