Corsair Community

RGB led lighting node pro with 4 led stripes pack weird color changes for no reasons

y0ur5h4d0w

hi all! as the title say i'm experiencing weird color changes for no reasons on my led stripes bought with the "RGB led lighting node pro (4 led stripes pack)"... everything worked fine the first months i had this package, but after a couple icue version something weird happens, my 4 led stripes are set to RED, connected to the right spot of the commander and all the connections are at the right place of my motherboard, sometimes at random half of my led stripes turn off OR changes colors like 1 led of the "last" stripe pink the rest of it cyan, the second stripe cyan and the other 2 red as it should be, if in icue i try to turn off the color of color of the stripes just the 2 stripes that are actually red turns off and the other 2 stays the wrong colors, after some seconds sometimes they turn off and when i set then back to red everything works fine untill at randome something happens... like right as i'm writing this post the first 2 led stripes that i mentioned earliear who displayed the wrong color just blinked (turned off and back on), something like 5 minutes earlier they got both cyan with the very first led of the very first stripe green, and it stayed like this for some time before chagning back to the actual red... i don't understand wtf happening to be honest, and that's kind of scary cause i'm not sure if the warrenty is still going on...... trying to catch a video is kind of hard since it happens randomly otherwise i would have done it :(

If it's only a month old, it'll still be under warranty.

it's actually not, it's more than a month old, the problem is kind of recent, i can't understand if it's a problem of the controller or icue, cause with some older versions everything worked fine

11 hours ago, DevBiker said:

If it's only a month old, it'll still be under warranty.

actually the lighting node pro is from my 3 ml120 pro RGB pack, i got it wrong, the lighting node has 3 fans and 4 led stripes connected to it though the 3 fans works amazingly in line with the rest of the "visor" effect on my setup, the 4 led stripes act weird and i don't where's the problem 😕 

Is it only Visor that doesn't work with the strips? Or do you see this with all effects?

What happens if you switch ports on the LNP? Swap the ports for the fans and the strips.

Posted (edited)
On 8/5/2021 at 6:14 PM, DevBiker said:

Is it only Visor that doesn't work with the strips? Or do you see this with all effects?

What happens if you switch ports on the LNP? Swap the ports for the fans and the strips.

the link i have on my PC is set as this:

3 fans to the first port of the LNP
4x LED stripes to the second port of the LNP
H100i RGB platinum connected normally
4x RAM slotted.

the color settings are:

3 fans + H100i + 4x RAM = VISOR single RED color moving
4x LED stripes set to plain red cause i use them as "light" 

BEFORE swtiching LNP ports:

the visor works perfectly
the 4 stipes should stay plain red but 2 of them or some leds don't.

i'll try to switch pors on the LNP 🙂 didn't actually think to try out! i'll let you know soon 🙂 

Edited by y0ur5h4d0w

7 minutes ago, y0ur5h4d0w said:

the link i have on my PC is set as this:

3 fans to the first port of the LNP
4x LED stripes to the second port of the LNP
H100i RGB platinum connected normally
4x RAM slotted.

the color settings are:

3 fans + H100i + 4x RAM = VISOR single RED color moving
4x LED stripes set to plain red cause i use them as "light" 

BEFORE swtiching LNP ports:

the visor works perfectly
the 4 stipes should stay plain red but 2 of them or some leds don't.

i'll try to switch pors on the LNP 🙂 didn't actually think to try out! i'll let you know soon 🙂 

what appens AFTER switching ports on the LNP:

the led stripes works fine but the visor on the fans and rest the rest of the PC is not working properly... i might have a problem with the LNP 😞 

i've made a couple videos showing the issue, allthough, after switching back AGAIN ports the 4 stripes seems to be working, i don't wanna say it too loud though....

BEFORE SWITCHING PORTS (so, how the visor should work)

AFTER SWITCHING PORTS (so, what happens when the fans are on the led stripes port)

Oh ... so you have Visor as a Lighting Link effect across channels? Is that the case?

17 minutes ago, DevBiker said:

Oh ... so you have Visor as a Lighting Link effect across channels? Is that the case?

i have:

channel 1 (led stripes) = Plain Red, deactived the linked light effect "visor"

channel 2 (fans) = Linked light effect "visor" 

always worked fine, donno why channel 1 from time to time get weird 😞 i've sent a support mail for troubleshooting too