Corsair Community

Horrible Audio

Literally have this exact problem... Idk why but it doesn't seem to happen to everybody with this headset since my friend has it and it doesn't have this kind of problem. Other than that, a lot of reviews of the product claim the audio quality to be excellent... Corsair always made good products but this headset is really sad. These headphones cost around 80€ for the USB and like 110€ for the Wireless version... It's not like a Virtuoso but it should still have pretty good audio quality right? I guess. Sadly my last headset from another famous brand ,which i'm not going to mention on the corsair forum, had this headset that costs around 60€ and i'm so mad to say that the audio is so much better. To be completely sure, my audio seems pretty fine on youtube, pretty good with music and all... But in game, it sounds tinny, metallic, muffled, almost like when you cover your hears with you hands forming a spoon... Is this your case? And do you happen to have noticed some kind of static noise with this headset? Sadly, i looked all over reddit and other forums, and there are very little people complaining about this problem so i'm guessing it's just us... The tragedy of Nikolas the unlucky (and f0rcelife too 😞). I even posted today here these forums explaining this problem but nobody answered yet, and all the solutions i have found elsewhere are not working. I will be so glad if some Corsair Employee has some solutions to these because it is very annoying to have this bad sound quality and static noises... I went full brand on periphericals when i bought these headphones cause i thought i was going for sure with Corsair since i have other products of the company that are so good. Let's really hope there is a solution to this or i'll be forced to refound which i would not like to. 

• Corsair Employees

Sorry to hear you two are experiencing this issue. I suggest forcing a firmware update via iCUE to see if it helps. You can do so by navigating to the vertical "..."  that pops up after checking for a firmware update.

If you have the wireless VOID, you can also try a soft reset. To soft reset your headset:

1. Make sure your headset is currently unplugged.
  2. Make sure your headset is powered on.
  3. Hold the Mute button on the headset down for about 15 seconds.
  4. Hold down the power button until the headset turns on.
  5. Test your headset and see if the issue is resolved.

11 hours ago, Corsair Albert said:

Sorry to hear you two are experiencing this issue. I suggest forcing a firmware update via iCUE to see if it helps. You can do so by navigating to the vertical "..."  that pops up after checking for a firmware update.

If you have the wireless VOID, you can also try a soft reset. To soft reset your headset:

1. Make sure your headset is currently unplugged.
  2. Make sure your headset is powered on.
  3. Hold the Mute button on the headset down for about 15 seconds.
  4. Hold down the power button until the headset turns on.
  5. Test your headset and see if the issue is resolved.

To be honest Albert that doesn't work. There are already some posts that say to do this but nothing suggested works, and as far as i know nobody with this problem ever fixed it. Idk if forcelife tried these but him and i and even other people have this exact problem. Crackling noise, and worst of all, this audio quality in game literally sounds like it's coming from a can of soda. 

Maybe i can list you all the fixes of this problem Corsair Support suggested that didn't work for anyone as far as i know so maybe i can help you with this.
I also tried these, nothing did anything. But, i found out something and this is REALLY important i want you guys to know. It probably has to do with drivers... As i uninstalled ICUE, then uninstalled the drivers form the Device Manager, denied Windows to automatically install drivers, rebooted the system and reinstalled ICUE cause i thought that maybe windows was installing the wrong ones, and made ICUE install his own ones. After this, the crackling sound disappeared and the audio in game no longer sounds like it's coming from a can but the bass is EXTREMELY LOUD, and after these steps the EQ doesn't work anymore. You can literally set everything on the lowest possibile from low to high frequencies nothing changes a bit. So i had to revert everything. So don't do this fix cause then you will lose control of these features.  

These are the fixes i found but none of these worked (all of these were suggested also by Corsair Staff)

- I have ICUE at the latest version
- I have forced a firmware update
- I have uninstalled realtek drivers
- I have changed USB port
- I have selected DVD quality from the device properties
- I have disabled Windows Spatial Audio

(Also you might want to know, this problem with the audio quality being tinny and muffled only comes up in games, like the application itself. Cause on youtube they work just fine, i can literally watch videos of the same game and the audio will sound perfect so i don't get why these headset have problem with games)

Edited by Nikolas_-