Corsair Community

Virtuoso SE Gunmetal Wireless issue

I purchased a brand new headset and had wireless connectivity issues for 5 days, multiple times. Ended up returning and exchanging the headset at the store, got home with new headset and ... it is doing the same thing.

On the original headset, the issue occurred without the iCUE software, I installed it, but it made no difference. Both headphones & dongle are on the latest firmware version.

Symptom:

While wireless, with no apparent reasons, the audio quality drops sharply for 30 seconds, then silence. Or, it does a strange electrical sounding high pitched humming. I have to switch the headset from wireless to USB (plugged via cable or not) and go back to wireless for it to come back. I am 5 feet from the computer, I've tried multiple USB ports on my tower. It does the same thing on my laptop and my wife's computer.

While wired via USB, it has none of these issues.

Please help, as this is a very nice headset and I can't use it wired.

NOTE: My previous headset, Arctis 7 had none of these issues, and only replacing it because after 18 months of 8+ hours usage, it is getting to worn out.

• Corsair Employees

If your wireless device is having issues with connection or latency, the most common cause is interference. You can reduce wireless interference by taking the following steps.

Reduce the distance between the device and its transmitter

The less distance the wireless signal travels, the less interference can affect it. Here are some setups to best position your USB dongle for closing the gap:

1. Try a closer USB port on your computer, such as on the front panel
  2. Use the USB cable adapter with the included USB cable as an extension
  3. Other peripherals may have USB pass-through ports which may be closer to your device

mceclip0.png

Keep sources of interference away from your device

Interference is typically caused by other electronics, so increasing the distance between these and your Corsair product may improve performance. Here are examples of devices that may cause interference:

• Other USB wireless devices
  • Wireless networking equipment like routers or hotspots
  • USB storage devices and flash drives

If none of the above helps, please open a ticket with our support team and they will assist further.

Thank you

I am 4 feet from my computer and I have no other wireless receivers on it. Network, keyboard & mouse are all wired. My previous headset, an Arctis 7 of 18 months only dropped once, when I ran down the battery. I have no USB sticks or external hard drives.

There was no USB adapter in the box for my headset though. 

But I doubt distance is the issue...