Corsair Community

K100 Volume Scroll Wheel no longer working

So I've had my K100 since December 2020 and a couple days ago the volume scroll wheel stopped working.

Has anyone else had this problem occur yet?

This is surprising that a premium $230 keyboard would have such a low durability weak point.

I could open it to see if I could fix it but will probably just request a RMA as it's still under warranty.

Thanks,

Howie

That is the first report of it I have seen on the K100.  This was an old issue on K95 Platinum KBs (not XT), but not a current one.  Did it physically fail? Stuck?  Or do software programs no longer respond?   I would start a ticket with Corsair regardless of your intent so at least the issue gets logged.  

• Corsair Employees

Hi howiec,

Do you notice any signs of it physically broken? As in do you hear any sounds or the feel of it being different to when you first bought it while it was working? Try plugging the keyboard into another computer or laptop and see if it still works. If it doesn't, open a ticket with our support page and our team will gladly assist you with an RMA if it's still under warranty.

8 hours ago, c-attack said:

That is the first report of it I have seen on the K100.  This was an old issue on K95 Platinum KBs (not XT), but not a current one.  Did it physically fail? Stuck?  Or do software programs no longer respond?   I would start a ticket with Corsair regardless of your intent so at least the issue gets logged.  

Hi,  the scroll wheel feels fine but it certainly feels like the connection is intermittent (electrical/physical intermitten contact).   I just tried it now and it seems to work sporadically so it doesn't seem to be a software issue either.

I googled for this issue and found that some people simply blew into the gaps around the scroll wheel. It didn't work for me but I'll see if I can get a compress air can.

Yeah, if I can't resolve it, I'll submit a ticket.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, Corsair Haurjie said:

Hi howiec,

Do you notice any signs of it physically broken? As in do you hear any sounds or the feel of it being different to when you first bought it while it was working? Try plugging the keyboard into another computer or laptop and see if it still works. If it doesn't, open a ticket with our support page and our team will gladly assist you with an RMA if it's still under warranty.

Hi Haurjie,

The scroll wheel feels exactly the same as when it was new and I don't hear any sound when scrolling either.

The same issue occurs when plugged into my laptop.   As I mentioned above, I'm going to try using compress air to blow into the surrounding gap.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 8/2/2021 at 11:53 AM, howiec said:

So I've had my K100 since December 2020 and a couple days ago the volume scroll wheel stopped working.

Has anyone else had this problem occur yet?

This is surprising that a premium $230 keyboard would have such a low durability weak point.

I could open it to see if I could fix it but will probably just request a RMA as it's still under warranty.

Thanks,

Howie

I also have this same exact problem. I got my K100 in February or March of this year. And just noticed today that the volume scroll wheel (or roller) is not working. Tried on different PC and still doesn't work. Have you found a fix for this problem?

• 8 months later...

Same problem here with my K100.  It's been working fine for about a year, now all of a sudden the volume wheel doesn't work.  The other media controls still work though.

I tried unplugging it, resetting it, updating the firmware and the iCue software, but it still doesn't work.  I also tried blowing compressed air into the wheel to see if that would help, but no change.

Any suggestions?  It's kind of disappointing when a $200+ keyboard starts to fail in only a year.

I use the volume wheel often, so I had to switch out keyboards for the time being.

Thanks in advance.