Corsair Community

There should be a way to add new devices to all existing 'Lighting Links'

mantiss

In the latest iCue (version 4.13.223 at the time of this writing), I wish there should be a way to add new devices to all existing 'Lighting Links' at the click of a button (or automatically) without having to delete and re-add to each and every profile--of which I have many.  This is very annoying since I just got through several profiles after adding two more Corsair Vengeance memory cards; and then recently bought three more SP 120 RGB fans, requiring using the included Lighting Node Core module, and have to go through similar process all over again.  At the very least I wish there was an option to choose an "existing lighting link" in the devices 'Lighting Link' drop down menu under 'Lighting Effects'.

At one time the software would try to "fill the gaps" and add the lighting link to all devices on the next service start.  However, since there is no requirement you use only 1 Lighting Link for the system or that you actually use it on every device, it caused equally as much disharmony.  You then would have overlapping Lighting Link 1 (original) and Lighting Link 2 (new) on some devices.  For something like Spiral Rainbow it doesn't matter, but for effects with spaces like Rain it creates a minor mess.  There are so many different ways to customize the lighting and it is difficult to make it work in every scenario.  It is still quickest and cleanest to delete the current Lighting Link and then re-create it for the system to incorporate the new devices.  Then turn off the effect on any devices where do not wish it to show.  It is limited to a few select presets, so at least you don't have to re-create complex gradients or waves.