Corsair Community

Big air pocket On cpu Block help

Vodkabeef

I had the same problem after assembling my system. The air pocket disappeared after running the pump at 100% for some time. 

• Sad 1

You need to get the back end up and probably also a little tilt to bring the side glass side toward the ceiling. Obviously this is tricky and potentially impossible with large cases. 

The other thing you can try is manually altering the pump speed in low-high-low cycles. On the desktop, open cue and set the pump to 25-30%. Give it 5 seconds and then set it to 100%. Let that run for 10-15 seconds or until you stop hearing bubbles shoot around, then drop back to low for 5-10 seconds and repeat the process. This tends to flush out other air pockets, so you may want to do this before the big tilt. The cpu block is often the catch for every bubble in the system and more will end up there. 

Edited by c-attack
  • Thanks 1

and when you tilt the case make sure you dont starve the pump 😛

lookout for the water level in the reservoir, don't let the pump take in air.

• Thanks 1

My H115i is not transparent so I cannot see if there is any air pocket but I am aware that 100% pump speeds can purge the air bubbles to the top mounted radiator quickly,

Water cooling goes way back to the early days of computer chess. Mainframes also indulged in water cooling.