Corsair Community

icue h60i rgb pro xt install help cable connections

Wartrace

Hi,

I am trying to install a icue H60i rgb pro xt cooler and am confused about how to connect the cables. I understand the SATA connection and USB connection.

My confusion is with the cable coming from the fan and the two 4 pin connectors that come from the cooler/

Does the fan cable connect to the motherboards cpu fan 4 pin connector? Where do the two male 4 pin connectors attach. The "instructions" says Connect each fan to the shrouded 4 pin connectors on the pump. What fans are they talking about? Ir only came with one fan and it is already conected to the cpu fan slot. I may be an idiot but this seems very unclear to me.  

The cable coming from the fan should be on the motherboard's CPU_FAN header. This provides a tach signal to the CPU_FAN header that is based loosely on the pump speed. So it gives you a good fail-safe if the pump goes out.

The fan for the cooler should be connected to the cooler, not the CPU_FAN header. Connecting it to the CPU_FAN header will control the speed based on the CPU temperature, which isn't the appropriate temp to use. Connecting it to the fan headers from the cooler will control it from the coolant temperature, which is the appropriate temperature for a radiator fan. The second shroud is there for you to add a second fan (in push/pull) if you like. It's not required.

Thanks DevBiker. I'm a little confused so I'll reword my question.

There is one fan with a cable.

There is the radiator that is screwed to the fan.

The pump has a sata and dual 4 pin connectors.

You state "The cable coming from the fan should be on the motherboard's CPU_FAN header" Is this the fan screwed to the radiator? 

Next you say "The fan for the cooler should be connected to the cooler, not the CPU_FAN header." Which fan is this? 

I just don't know where to plug the split 4 pin connectors that are attached to the side of the pump unit. 

Connect pump tach cable to the CPU_FAN header on your motherboard. It's a female 3-pin fan connector (IIRC) and will go on a 4-pin fan header as well.
Connect each fan to the shrouded 4 pin connectors on the pump. These are the shouded headers coming from the pump. The fan that is on the radiator should be connected to it.

Thanks DevBiker; I figured out my mistake with your help! I couldn't find the pump tach cable because it was attached to the sata cable which I connected first and was buried out of sight. I hadn't noticed the three pin cable. All is good now. Thank you so much for taking the time to walk an idiot through this. 🤡

Glad that we got you sorted! 🙂

• 5 months later...

Hi there, just read through your post and I seem to be having the same trouble however I am still confused. Wondering if  you could help as you seem to have sorted it, thankfully! I have done everything else except there is one wire coming from the pump which had two four prong connections coming off from it. I have no idea where these go. The manual states ‘connect each fan to the shrouded 4 pin connectors on the pump’. There was only one fan which came with the pump which is attached to the radiator (connecting the tubes to the pump). I am so confused as to where these two connections go. I will attach a picture below for reference. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 6 months later...

I've got the same problem with my MSI Aeigis Motherboard, there's no where to plug those in, from what I see I think it's for the LED on the fan that we attached to the radiator, wished someone would answer, I went ahead and booted up my system, fans working fine just no lights