Corsair Community

H100i RGB Pro XT 'high temps'

AssassinsBro

Hello,

I just updated my pc and fitted a corsair AIO water cooler (H100i RGB Pro XT), but the temperature it shows me in iCUE concern me a bit. Not sure if these in my eyes quite high temps are normal with my CPU (AMD Ryzen 7 3800X)
CPU idle: 47-57 (it slowly descends to 47 and shoots back to 57 out of nowhere constantly)
CPU load: 76 (through Cinebench)
The coolant temps are quite decent tho (idle 29.6, load around 30)

Btw I'm using 2 front fans for intake and the radiator + fans as outtake, this is not the best but I have an inverted case and I think this was the best solution.

I added a screenshot of the iCUE stats in idle.

temps.png

looks "normal" for AMD.

look at your idle load and the Vcore that's pushed. seems a bit high

Maybe have a look if PBO is enabled and try wiith it disabled, see if lit lowers idle power consumption.

Check also for programs and services running in background to try to get the CPU to stop boosting.

Also make sure your motherboard is updated to the latest bios. They are often pretty old out of the box, and AMD adressed several issues in the past months relative to idle power usage amongst others

11 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

looks "normal" for AMD.

Maybe have a look if PBO is enabled and try wiith it disabled, see if lit lowers idle power consumption.

Check also for programs and services running in background to try to get the CPU to stop boosting.

Also make sure your motherboard is updated to the latest bios. They are often pretty old out of the box, and AMD adressed several issues in the past months relative to idle power usage amongst others

Thank you for your answer! I will check these points

12 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

looks "normal" for AMD.

I checked all points, only thing I didn't do is updating the BIOS, I am only one update behind. My clock speeds are ~4.20GHz, that's looks quite high. Not sure how I can lower it.

• Corsair Employees

Hey there. The way that AMD's PBO boost works can be a tad aggressive, and will cause the CPU voltage to jump. This will cause the temp to jump for a few moments and is completely normal. You can limit the voltage in your BIOS, but there is not anything wrong with this per AMD's statements.