Corsair Community

H150i and QL120 setup questions

Sylvain Alain

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to all this and I noticed that there's 2 commanders for the RGB. There's the Commander Core that comes with the h150i and the Commander Pro that we can buy. I plan to replace the ML that comes with the Capellix and have 7 QL120 in my 5000d. 

Can I use this setup that I draw or not ? Also, anyone has a recommendations, I'm glad to read you 😛

I want to use the Commander PRO so that the Commander Core and the Lightning Node daisy chain to the Commander PRO so I will use only one USB header on my motherboard. Can I do that or the iCue software will have some problems ?

Thanks 😛 

IMG_3890.JPG

Edited by Sylvain Alain
more informations

Your setup will work.

Whether you can daisy-chain the Commander Core to the Commander Pro is a question though. You can try it but keep in mind that there are some folks that have had issues with the CoPro's USB controller, particularly on AMD chipsets. An alternative that many of us have had success with is the NZXT internal hub.

Hi, so if I understand, I don't use the USB headers from the Commander Pro, instead I plug all the USBs to the NZXT internal Hub and only that hub will be plug to the motherboard USB header right ? So the NZXT will receive 3 USB as input and I will use the output to the motherboard.

Also, can I use the FAN hub that is provided with the 5000d ? I just noticed that I don't even use it.

Edited by Sylvain Alain

1 hour ago, Sylvain Alain said:

Hi, so if I understand, I don't use the USB headers from the Commander Pro, instead I plug all the USBs to the NZXT internal Hub and only that hub will be plug to the motherboard USB header right ? So the NZXT will receive 3 USB as input and I will use the output to the motherboard.

That's correct. And you may not really need the Commander Pro.

1 hour ago, Sylvain Alain said:

Also, can I use the FAN hub that is provided with the 5000d ? I just noticed that I don't even use it.

I do believe that's an accurate statement.

All of the fans on the PWM repeater will spin at the same speed. They'll be controlled as a single fan, from a single port, on the Commander Core. Then you'll have 5 other open slots on the Commander Core for fans. So that will give you up to 11 fans, with up to 6 controlled as a single unit.