Corsair Community

Parallel Loop

Lotus79

I would like to run my loop in a parallel configuration, but when I read the manual for the XG7 GPU water block it specifically says on page 13: "Do not use one side for both inlet and outlet - this will result in fluid bypassing the water block".  To do a parallel loop you of course use all 4 ports with an inlet and outlet on each side essentially.  So does this mean I can't use an XG7 or does that statement not apply to a parallel loop?

Another question I have on the parallel loop is including the XM2 water block in the path, between the GPU and the CPU (using Y-splitters of course).  The XM2 has no direction per se since either port can be used as input or output.  Would including the XM2 work for the parallel loop?

Thanks.

Edited by Lotus79

It doesn't apply. they just write that for the dummies that would run serial with both fittings on the same side 🙂

You can run a parallel loop of course, and Corsair actually balanced the CPU and GPU blocks restriction quite well, so the flow is well balanced.

As for the XM2, it has no fins inside, so it shouldn't be restrictive. I would put it between GPU and CPU instead of a third parallel run.

Since the restriction is so low, if you did a 3rd parallel run it would in essence be a bypass to the CPU and GPU..

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

As for the XM2, it has no fins inside, so it shouldn't be restrictive. I would put it between GPU and CPU instead of a third parallel run.

Since the restriction is so low, if you did a 3rd parallel run it would in essence be a bypass to the CPU and GPU..

I agree.  No need to take special action for it and it will putting a tiny amount of heat into the system.  Just find a natural path by it at some point.

Thanks guys.

• 3 weeks later...

By total coincidence someone on Reddit today neglected to read the manual as you have and has rigged his gpu block in the totally wrong way.  This is what that manual entry is telling you not to do:

Edited by magarity