Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso White Noise When ICUE is installed.

Hi.
I have Corsair Virtuoso SE and whenever I install iCUE i have background noises/hissing.

the hissing is happening behind the sound coming out from my pc.

like a "ssssss" background noise.

Sidetone is disabled.

the issue happens in both modes, wireless and wired mode.
I tried updating the firmware, force updating the firmware,
Tried to check in 3 different computers, same issue in all of them
ICUE installed = hiss
ICUE not installed = no hissing
I am with Corsair Support in emails for almost month already and they dont really understand my issue and try blaming it on my hardware. Even tho it is the same issue on 3 different computers.
For now ICUE is uninstalled to have no hissing but I want it for the bass boost preset.
Help would be appreciated because im losing my mind already..

Update: Corsair support seem to not have a solution for my issue because they say the issue with wireless and wired connection is two seperate problems and its conflicting with what i explain to them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 4:58 PM, Corsair Elito said:

Hi

We would suggest rolling back in version as we look into this issue.

Got an RMA. Still hissing. On 3 different computers (1 of the pcs is with fresh installed windows) not hissing when icue is uninstalled, hissing when icue is installed.

also tried older versions of icue. Still same issue.

Edited by Bufke

Sad part is almost every corsair headset having this crackling/white noise sound thing. Permanent fix; use windows spatial sound aka windows sonic for headphones option. Or choose Movie Theater/Bass Boost from default equaliser settings. Or never install iCue and use headphone as stereo lol.

Higher sound > higher white noise. This is the exact reason of the issue. Not only corsair virtuoso tho, many corsair headphone products have this issue. (Already used Corsair Void Pro Rgb Wireless / Corsaid Void Elite / Corsair Virtuoso SE)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
On 9/1/2021 at 10:28 AM, Bufke said:

Got an RMA. Still hissing. On 3 different computers (1 of the pcs is with fresh installed windows) not hissing when icue is uninstalled, hissing when icue is installed.

also tried older versions of icue. Still same issue.

Try this fix,

On windows 10 called "Local Group Policy Editor." You navigate to it by typing "Edit Group Policy" in the Windows 10 Start Menu, then you will see the window. You need to navigate through the below branch.

Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Device Installation -> Device Installation Restrictions -> Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings -> Enable -> Apply

From this, restart your computer, then navigate to device manager. Click on view, then "Devices by container." Go to your headset and uninstall the device.

Afterwards, restart your computer, and make sure you have the latest version of iCUE installed. You need to navigate back to the policy and set it to "Not Configured" or "Disabled." If you do not do this, you will be unable to install your drivers.

let me know if this resolves the issue.

14 hours ago, Corsair Elito said:

Try this fix,

On windows 10 called "Local Group Policy Editor." You navigate to it by typing "Edit Group Policy" in the Windows 10 Start Menu, then you will see the window. You need to navigate through the below branch.

Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Device Installation -> Device Installation Restrictions -> Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings -> Enable -> Apply

From this, restart your computer, then navigate to device manager. Click on view, then "Devices by container." Go to your headset and uninstall the device.

Afterwards, restart your computer, and make sure you have the latest version of iCUE installed. You need to navigate back to the policy and set it to "Not Configured" or "Disabled." If you do not do this, you will be unable to install your drivers.

let me know if this resolves the issue.

I've done this. Im contacting Support since June. I even got an RMA which was defective in parts meaning (wireless/wired switch not stable and making noises and also it was hissing when ICUE was installed)

now all I want is to downgrade my firmware back to 0.17.149 and dongle to 0.16.80 (constant beeping sound in wireless mode and in the previous firmware I did not face this issue).

Support sent me an invalid firmware and since then not answering.. it's tiring.