Corsair Community

4.13.226 update stuck

Can you provide more info like when does it freeze? Got the .226 update this morning through iCUE and it took a minute to complete. 

Same issue on my side, i try to update with iCue or download directly the new version and it's the same things.

The installation start and after it's freeze on this page and if i tried to click on it I have the popup "it's not responding"

Capture.PNG.7c4377eb4c7292de98560e544151d5cf.PNG

Anybody know how to resolve this issue ?

• Thanks 1

the update was done without any problem here .

Same problem here. Updating through the app. Went ahead and uninstalled iCue completely, re-installed it from Corsair's website, and attempted to update in-app again. It locks up immediately upon installation and does not move:

failure.jpg.bd89cbc1f54d823f7322f71392262492.jpg

For those of you having this problem - go into Task Manager, go to the Details tab, and right click on "InstallerGui.exe" (in my screenshot in my first post). Click "Open File Location". You'll find a zip file in a temp directory clearly labeled "Corsair-Utility-Engine-v4.13.226". Copy the zip to anywhere you'd like other than temp, extract it, and run the installer. This seemed to work for me.

Edited by BobDingo

11 hours ago, BobDingo said:

Same problem here. Updating through the app. Went ahead and uninstalled iCue completely, re-installed it from Corsair's website, and attempted to update in-app again. It locks up immediately upon installation and does not move:

failure.jpg.bd89cbc1f54d823f7322f71392262492.jpg

Did you remove the Corsair AppData folders from your User folder when you 'uninstalled iCue completely'? Can often make a difference 🙂

Sounds like something that might be sorted by running as admin.

By default, as an admin on a local account, all installers are ran as admin. You can't force them to since they already are.

Removing the AppData folders is a good troubleshooting idea, but I'm also pretty sure it'd delete any profiles you have.

Bottom line - this is a bug on Corsair's end they need to fix. Whatever data they need for that, I'm happy to provide, but I'm clearly not the only one that experienced the problem.

Edited by BobDingo

19 hours ago, BobDingo said:

By default, as an admin on a local account, all installers are ran as admin. You can't force them to since they already are.

Removing the AppData folders is a good troubleshooting idea, but I'm also pretty sure it'd delete any profiles you have.

Bottom line - this is a bug on Corsair's end they need to fix. Whatever data they need for that, I'm happy to provide, but I'm clearly not the only one that experienced the problem.

Not true. Some things still require running as admin to prompt UAC confirmation.

Removing the AppData folders is recommended as part of a full uninstallation. Just hitting the uninstall button will only remove the program from program files. https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

Yes, removing AppData will remove profiles. These should be exported from iCue beforehand if they are precious to you. 

Edited by Dingo89

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

what @salmoj said is golden. I have installed the redist independently, then rebooted my PC.

I then tried to update from within iCue and this time it went through. Not sure why it was getting stuck, but it has been messing with me for the last 3-4 updates.

so if you have this same issue for a newer version of iCue try this method:

1. install vc_redist.x64.exe independently first (run as admin if not working)

2. reboot machine

3. Try to update iCue now and it should go through this time

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the same issue. I did everything @Renzaburo-san wrote above. I did restart but it didn´t work either. Update proccess just froze like before.

I went to Windows settings and added iCUE Launcher.exe and iCUE.exe to Windows firewall exceptions. Also I paused Windows Firewall and this did the trick ! I use Windows Antimalware, nothing else. I know it might was unnecessary to add the .exe and/or both pause Firewall, but who knows. I just can tell it worked for me. So as far as it didn´t work for you so far just to install vc_redist.x64.exe I did a

Summary:

1. install https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe independently first (run as admin if not working) *

2. reboot machine, do nothing else, start no apps. Also consider to take a look at your Task Manager which apps are running and consider if some of them are necessary. If not consider to change settings, so they won´t start. (I decided to "sort-out" some. Update services for many apps like Astro command center etc. do not need to be present all time at a gaming rig in my opinion. Also logically look manually for updates then sometime)

3. Pause your firewall, start the update again and wait till it is done (should start immediately and wont take long)

4.  !Don´t forget to unpause your Firewall after installation!

5. Long term solution might be adding iCue services to Firewall as a conclusion

* Also for me https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe was already in my corsair/CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software folder, named "vc_redist.x64.exe", but I recommend that download link, because it did use that. Info is just, if that link will be offline sometime

Just wanted to say thank you very much to everybody involved to this topic!!! Especially @salmoj and @Renzaburo-san . Finally I could update that app. It did bother me for weeks. Im literally that happy, I just created an Corsair account to reply and tell my story. Also I hope it´s possible to write it in German also. I do know some germans won´t speak english that well, to understand the whole post that good, to make a conclusion/ solve their issue.

Would be Awsome if it is allowed to open the same topic in german though and pin that original post.

Have a nice one. Bye

• 2 months later...

Thanks! I've had this issue for a while now - the app notifies an update is available but the install just freezes part-way through, won't complete and won't cancel. I end up having to download the latest package from the website to install it that way. But just adding both iCUE.exe and iCUE launcher.exe to the firewall has sorted it.

• 3 months later...

Seriously, I have no clue what is wrong with this software. Every time there is an update I get the same exact thing. I get notified there is an update via Icue, I download it and run it to the point it creates the colorful progress bar and it just stays there forever. I read all the above comments, I have added both icue.exe and icuelauncher.exe to the firewall exceptions list. I manually download this vc_redist.x64.exe, I install it, restart the pc then then run icue. The update then installs normally. Then if you get another update let's say 2 weeks later, same thing all over again. Gets stuck at the progress bar. Only way to perform the installation without any issues is by getting it via the corsair website. This issue appeared on a brand new pc and obviously with a fresh (at the time) icue installation. 
I'm literally considering getting rid all of my corsair peripherals and go back to another brand just so I never have to use icue ever again. I am shocked this issue has been around for so long and it yet hasn't been fixed