Corsair Community

Epox 9NDA3+ TWINX2048-3200PRO issues

DianaGavin

I bought the Corsair TWINX2048-3200PRO (2x 1GB) for almost $600 from new egg. I have been unable to run both sticks at the stated speed of 200 MHZ @ 3-3-3-8 or more relaxed timings. Memtest86 reports 100's of errors. Cant run them in dual channel in either slots 1 and 2 or 3 and 4. putting both in slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 makes the system NOT boot. I have a a64 3500+ Winchester OEM from Newegg. Have the latest BIOS from epox. This is insane. PLease help. I waant to run both these stick in dual channel at the stated speed. Your website says its compatible . Running memtest at 166MHZ with these sticks at 3-3-3-8 does not give any errors. PLEASE HELP!!

Regards,

Diana

Hi wired,

As I mentioned in the title of my post I have an Epox 9NDA3+. Mem Voltage is at 2.7v. Auto/2.6/2.7/2.8 did not make any difference. Still would not run. 1 gb by itself does not seem to have any problem running at 200mhz @ 3- 3- 3-8 . But both sticks just refuse to run without errors. Thanks for helping out.

Diana

Hi Garvin,

I read the article at hexus, seems like that th enew bios has fixed the VDIMM issue, my vdimm when set on auto is at 2.72. So i went ahead and increased it to the max allowable i.e 2.8 v and the system witll still BSOD at 200mhz irrespective of timings. RAMGUY!!! where are you? :) :[pouts:

Ramguy,

I contacted Epox via email as well as their ticket support system, they are positive that this is a bad memory issue or that particular line isnt compatible with the motherboard. If that is the case would it be possible for me to get it replaced with two stick of the same capacity of equal value from another line? I am kinda desperate at the moment to get this working at iots stated speed without it crashing :!: . Please reply ASAP.

regards,

Diana

Where did you see these sticks listed as compatible? It's not listed on the board QVL either:

http://www.epox.org/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=41

You might try changing the 1T/2T memory timing setting under Advanced Chipset Features then DRAM configuration in your Epox modified Award bios from Auto/1T to 2T in order to give the memory controller on your AMD cpu some more headroom, just a guess though.

Garvin. the memoryis @ 2T/166mhz right now. It fails to run either at 1T/2T @ 200 Mhz. Wired I doubt it is the CPU controller either because I tried 2 512Mb sticks of Mushkin Level II 3200 SDRAM @ 2-2-2-6 at 200 Mhz and ut is fine. Hopefully Ramguy can help me out here. Once again thanks guys for the input. :bigeyes:

i have the same problem with Corsair PC4000PT 2*512 and 9NDA3J, i cannot run stable at 200 Mhz 8-4-4-3 1T or 2T or any timings i'll use.

In another thread Mr Ram Guy told me to RMA the memory, but i cannot do that because in an Abit K8T800 Pro the memory will work fine up to specified timings.

So what do we do now? it's not the first time when Epox has problems with Corsair modules( i.e. 8RDA+ had probs with some corsair modules, but they fixed it)

i'm desperate too, my computer keeps crashing. :mad:

i've asked for some guidance on AOA forums(Epox's forums) but the Epox guy didn't helped me, saying " on the Athlon64 processor the memory controller is integrated" doh...and the mobo is fine.

pls help Mr Ram Guy, maybe you can give a mail to Epox to fix those problems, cause they didn't listen to regular users. :evil:

Later Edit: maybe TWINX2048-3200PRO and Corsair PC4000PT have the same modules? => the same problems?... it's just a supposition.

these are my Corsair sticker numbers(posted also in IC thread):

stick 1:

Corsair PC4000PT v2.1

0413049-3

stick 2:

Corsair PC4000PT v2.1

Any help would be appreciated.

(and excuse my poor english)

The guy who runs AOA forums is a total prick. He wants to keep his ever so precious Epox representation (utterly useless) and hence will not let anyone post anythign negative about the level of Epox USA customer support. I own two Epox boards by the way. (8KDA3+, 9NDA3+). Epox USA pretty much said (via thier ticket suppost system) that it is pretty much bad RAM modules and they cant do anything about it. I just got a conversation going with Epox taiwan via email to sort out this issue. I shall let you know where that goes. So far they have asked to try the obvious i.e Load setup defaults=> Choose 1T/2T values => Set HTT to 4x. I have already sent them a reply. I have been brewsing these forums for a while, even before i shelled out $600 ona two ram sticks, and there ae a lot of happy customers and Ramguy has come through for guys with tough issues. Hopefully he will do the same for us. Since support for Epox at this point to be honest look pretty bleakk and the number of people running to 2 1Gb stick are very few I think. Hope this info shed some better light on the issue ghetzu. I shall post the numbers on the sticker labels of the memory stick when i get back. I gotta run to work soon . The commute blows. Once again thanks everyone for your input.

Diana

thank you DianaGavin for nice words :D

today i've tested 3-4 brands of memory on my 9nda3j and they work fine, and also tested my Corsair PC4000PT on nForce 2, KT600 and again on K8T800 Pro and it performs flawlessly, on K8T800 Pro i can reach 255 HTT 1:1 8-4-4-3 1T with no errors in memtest.

if things will stay this way at the end of the week i'll sell the mainboard...'cause i'm not gonna give up on Corsair.

I called corsair today and after trying 4 times , i guess I got one of the RamGuys ( guess there are actually X people that post here as RamGuy) , who went by Ray. Ray was actually quite help and patient and he gave me some BIOS setting I could try and he also gave me a ref number to ram these modules if they didnt work. So I am gonna try this and if it doesnt work gonna RMA it tomorrow.

Cheers

Diana

:mad:

Well here is the final analysis

epox 9nda3+

had 4 slots 1, 2, 3,4

for dual channel two identical sticks in either 1 and 2 OR 3 and 4 or Both.

IF all 4 slots are used with identical stick duall channel can be accomplished but only at 166MHZ at 2T (single sided SS or dual sided DS memory modules are irrelavent at this point in time , fyi my corsair modules are DS)

In my case dual channel is possible only at 166mhz at 2t in either 1 and 2 or 3 and 4

at 200mhz at either 2t or 1t memtest will crap out with 100's of errors and the system will not boot into windows or if it manages will crash right after.

these sticks by themselves (alone) will work at 200mhz at stated timings of 3 3-3-8 in all slots.

Just to make sure its wasnt my cpu's memory controller that was fuxored I threw in two Identical 512 mb sticks of M U S H *** level II DDR into both 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and i was able to boot at 200mhz at 2.5 2 2 7 2t ( these sticks are rated 2 2 2 6 1T just fyi.

My vdimm defaults to 2.7 on auto increasing to 2.8 didnt help any bit. So finally i filled out an RMA form online and waiting for it to be approved. :(

BTW i also looked at the sticker on my sticks and it said ver 1.2 on iit ..hopefully they will get replaced with a later revision. or the new c2's ;)

I hope the corsair warranty guys dont leave for home exactly at 5pm and stay to approve my rma, so i can ship these tomorrow.

Interestingly though i did see some briefmentions of Winnie not being able to run 2gbs at 200mhz across all mobos.

if anyone can confirm this with some authority it will be much appreciated. Thanks all for your time. Shall keep you updated.

regards,

Diana

:biggrin: Well . Simply put..I am happy. problem SOLVED (touch wood) :laughing: .

I got my two replacement sticks today. They are version 3.1 (my older ones were 1.2) Put em in, fired it up @200mhz /dual channel/ 3-3-3-8 /2.8V vdimm. Booted into windows without a hitch. Ran prime95 for a quick hour (sp2004 blend test). passed without issues. Played Counter Strike Source for a lil while no problems. look spretty stable. Thnaks all for taking the time to reply. Thanks to all the ramguys. Special thanks to Kenny Lim and Ray.

Regards,

Diana

Archived