Corsair Community

Help me decide.. (Virtuoso)

Conver

Hello friends.

I'm going to get a Virtuoso headset in the next following days, but I'm really splitted if I should get the SE or non-SE..

I'm crazy about RGB, ALOT! I have so much of it and can't get enough of it. however here is my problem. On the non-SE version, the RGB on the sidecap are really bright which I love a lot, where on the SE version it's not much bright at all, it's actually just a boring little light on it, nothing to write home about sadly, however on the SE version I like that the is a better microphone, where on the non-SE it's basically just a normal microphone.

So, Should I go with better RGB or beter microphone?

(I know many just think the SE, since RGB isn't really important, but for my setup, it is)

unless you stream or play in front of a mirror, you won't see the RGB :p

Also think of the battery drain induced by RGB.

The 20 hours or so advertised battery life is with RGB off, and probably low volume. you can cut that at least in half with lighting.

Of course you can turn it off or dim it down, but that's things to consider if you don't like to be beeped in the ears everyday because the battery runs low :)

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2021 at 7:53 PM, Conver said:

Hello friends.

I'm going to get a Virtuoso headset in the next following days, but I'm really splitted if I should get the SE or non-SE..

I'm crazy about RGB, ALOT! I have so much of it and can't get enough of it. however here is my problem. On the non-SE version, the RGB on the sidecap are really bright which I love a lot, where on the SE version it's not much bright at all, it's actually just a boring little light on it, nothing to write home about sadly, however on the SE version I like that the is a better microphone, where on the non-SE it's basically just a normal microphone.

So, Should I go with better RGB or beter microphone?

(I know many just think the SE, since RGB isn't really important, but for my setup, it is)

take the non-se version not because of the better rgb, it doesn't matter anyways cause you'll never see it sitting on your head, but because of its lower price and the better mic although corsair's marketing claims the opposite

Edited by Lorenz0
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lorenz0 said:

but because of its lower price and the better mic although corsair's marketing claims the opposite

hmm, doesnt make sense, the SE mic should be way better, can you clarify your claim on that matter for why non-SE mic is better?

I have both SE (Espresso) and non-SE (white).  The SE does have a better microphone quality but the reality is that both have a good mic quality to them.

Also, as much as I enjoyed the RGB brightness on the non-SE version, like LeDoyen mentioned, I found myself turning them off since there was indeed a drastic difference in battery life: ~20hours with leds off vs ~8h leds on.  Granted this is not a precise measurement but it always felt that it was around those times

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 9:18 AM, Conver said:

hmm, doesnt make sense, the SE mic should be way better, can you clarify your claim on that matter for why non-SE mic is better?

https://youtu.be/hXw_kI1tKvs?t=192

3:13 - 3:46 SE Version

3:47 - 4:03 non-SE Version

https://youtu.be/eI7AUZqlp8Y

5:50 - 6:08 SE Version

6:09 - 6:29 non-SE Version

Only found those two videos comparing both mics but you can also watch separate reviews for both headsets and compare the mics by yourself. The non-SE version always sounds clearer to me while the SE version sounds like it has the better background noise reduction which makes it sound muffled and not as clear as the non-SE one.

Edited by Lorenz0
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, I'll take a look into those 2 videos.

For the RGB, yes I will not be able to see it when I have them on, BUT I don't use headset for everything, when I hear music, then it's thru my sound system in my living room, and there is other times where the sounds isn't thru the headset, so it will be hanging on either my ST100 or my LT100, and when it hangs it will be plugged into power, so RGB isn't going to drain my battery on it :) I do however understand why you all turns it off and that RGB doesn't really matter for you. But it does for me as I wrote in the my first post. I have so much RGB because I like it a lot, I have 14 RGB channels atm, plus all other RGB stuff. so RGB is important for me.

So if the mic isn't really better, then I'm going for the non-SE

So, I've ordered the SE version now. Thanks for feedback gusy