Corsair Community

Confused about LED/RGB cables and connectors

Edbert

I bought an XH305i kit, it comes with a Commander Pro and an RGB hub. In addition to a set of RGB fans of course the pump/res and CPU block also have LEDs. Unless I am missing something basic (I think and hope that is the case) I cannot hook up both the reservoir and the CPU LEDs.

Each of the two has a 3-pin LED connector, and the Commander pro has provisions to connect 32 @ 3-pin LED leads. The issue is I have to i=use one of these ports to connect the RGP hub so I only have one 3-pin slot open. I cannot hook either of the two 3-pin connectors to the hub since it uses the 4-pin connectors for RGB devices.

That scenario is something I feel like complaining about until it sinks in that I'm just too dumb to figure it out. One reason I bought an in-the-box kit is so I did not have missing or mismatched components, and I doubt Corsair would produce a kit like this and leave something out like that.

So, what do I need to do now?

The reservoirs and the GPU blocks (which you don't have but I'm including for completeness) have an LED in and an LED out ... so you can daisy-chain them together.

In your case, you'll connect the CPU block to the LED out from the pump. The CPU block has to be at the end.