Corsair Community

Matte Black XT soft tubes

Zone55555

Matte black tubes have gotten trendy, and I'm finding myself surprised how much I like them. While there are some EPDM 3/8" ID 1/2" OD tubes available out on the net, they're perpetually out of stock, and I don't know how compatible they are on a materials miscibility basis with the rest of my Corsair gear.

I see your frosted black hard tubes and they're glorious, but would certainly appreciate a matte black soft tube offering until I'm ready to revamp everything over to hard tubes (not happening until I get my 1000D Distro Plate from EKWB at the earliest).

Thanks, I know you cannot talk about future products, just plugging my interest.

I've also been on the look-out for some black rubber 10mm/13mm soft tubing. I like the look of the Corsair HydroX gold fittings (that are only available in 10m/13mm), so I've been limiting my search for 10mm/13mm. From what I've been able to find, there is one manufacturer of rubber tubing that offers this size and it seems to be located in Germany. It may be that that manufacturer is unable or unwilling to ship to the NA region. EK does make a black rubber tube that is larger and seems to have a bit of an odd size. EK does sell fittings for it, but they are a bit on the pricey side and are not available in gold.

Rubber seems to be preferential due to it's lack of plasticiser (which can leech out into the coolant), and it's very low evaporation rate. Both are great for people who do not desire to or are unable to drain and refill a custom system every few months.

Transparent tube doesn't require refills every few months :)

Plasticizer gunking is mainly a concern if you use dollar store tube. Watercooling tube doesn't normally do that.

And, EK released colored fittings like 2 days ago. There is gold now :)