Corsair Community

Commander Core / Commander Pro mix and match

terryw

Hey Everyone,

I'm truly sorry if this has been asked previously. I did a search but didn't find my specific question, but it is late also and I'm tired. So I do apologize.

I have an h115i Capellix with a commander core, and I also have 4 LL120mm fans with a commander pro. Both units are in the case and the 4th LL120mm fan I added is actually brand new. As luck would have it just where I added the fan, I couldn't quite get the rgb wire to run to where I had mounted the rgb hub.

Even though I have 3 ll's plugged into the rgb hub going into the commander pro, can I have the newest LL120 rgb going into the commander core? Will that cause any RGB issues?

The fan header itself is plugged into the commander pro, just the rgb cable couldn't reach, so I just decided to plug it in to the core.

Thanks all! And sorry if this is confusing how I'm asking.

The lone LL will work on the Commander Core but that puts it into a different lighting group than the other three. They will not work as a group.

Do you need the Commander Pro at all? I suspect one missing detail is the two ML-Elite fans from the AIO. That brings the total to 6. I would probably remove the Commander Pro if there are no other considerations, like strips, Hydro X, or other RGB devices that need a RGB channel. Core devices can only do fans. Might as well use it for that.

See this thread for more 4 LL + 2 ML-E RGB discussion. https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=207298

The lone LL will work on the Commander Core but that puts it into a different lighting group than the other three. They will not work as a group.

Do you need the Commander Pro at all? I suspect one missing detail is the two ML-Elite fans from the AIO. That brings the total to 6. I would probably remove the Commander Pro if there are no other considerations, like strips, Hydro X, or other RGB devices that need a RGB channel. Core devices can only do fans. Might as well use it for that.

See this thread for more 4 LL + 2 ML-E RGB discussion. https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=207298

Realistically the only thing I have the commander pro for is the 3 LL fans. That an the usb run for the link cable between the power supply and usb port. Beyond that, it isn't doing anything else.

Move all the RGB fans to the Commander Core. I don't see any reason to run them as two groups. You can leave the Commander as a USB passthrough for the PSU, especially if it came with the case and is spot welded to the chassis (or at least it seems like it).

One draw back to moving fans is any fan lighting profiles you previously created on the Commander Pro will not automatically transfer over to the Commander Core. Each device is unique. However, since you probably have 2 new ML-Elite fans to account for anyway, might as well move them now. You can do some transferring of complex effect from the Pro to the Core by using the Lighting Library as a waystation. However, it is requires some tinkering on your end. If you mostly use preset effects, it may not be worth the steps to transfer vs creating it again.