Corsair Community

Corsair H150I Pro 360mm best efficient way to use?

GhostX

Hello friends,

This is the first time I have a liquid cooling system.

I chose 360mm CORSAIR H150i Pro (CW-9060031-WW) as AIO liquid cooling.

Processor Intel 10700k 4x QL120 RGB Fan on the front panel and 1x QL140 RGB exhaust fan on the back.

I mounted the fans on the radiator as seen in the image, is there a mistake here? All the front fans draw air in. The radiator fan draws air in. Is the positioning correct? For this system or should the radiators be internally drawn? There is a negative or positive pressure event inside, I couldn't solve it, I can't get efficiency, I am adding exactly a test picture. Thanks.

Note and possibility:

- Fabricated thermal on Corsair H150İ Pro 360mm is used.

-Corsair H150İ Pro 360mm waited at room temperature for about 1 year, I didn't use it because all the components were missing. Or is there any damage to the environment at room temperature?

t5vU24u.jpg

muD8VV5.png

MItADWU.png

Edited by GhostX

It's hard to make a universal rule for this and whether the top radiator works better as intake or exhaust may will depend on the local case area and your usage. The more GPU heat in the case, the more likely you may benefit from your current set-up. The only real way to compare is to flip the fans.

However, you can do one thing right now to make a noticeable improvement. In the performance tab, uncheck the "all devices" switch. This will give you independent control over the pump and fans. You are running a stress test with the pump locked into quiet mode. On the H150i Pro this is only 1100 rpm and meant to be used for lighting desktop work. You should see markedly lower coolant temp when running the pump at the balanced or extreme speeds during max load testing.

It's hard to make a universal rule for this and whether the top radiator works better as intake or exhaust may will depend on the local case area and your usage. The more GPU heat in the case, the more likely you may benefit from your current set-up. The only real way to compare is to flip the fans.

However, you can do one thing right now to make a noticeable improvement. In the performance tab, uncheck the "all devices" switch. This will give you independent control over the pump and fans. You are running a stress test with the pump locked into quiet mode. On the H150i Pro this is only 1100 rpm and meant to be used for lighting desktop work. You should see markedly lower coolant temp when running the pump at the balanced or extreme speeds during max load testing.

Hello Dear c-attack Thank you for your reply.

As I said, I collected a liquid cooling system for the first time. Actually, I've put together typical common components, nothing special.

As the Intel Core 10700k cpu it might be a bit too heating one. Frankly, I expected better performance from the H150I 360mm cooler, I expected more for normal desktop use. I couldn't do too many long-term tests anyway, so I canceled it because it reached 85-90 degrees in minutes. Currently, the system is not under load, I see a temperature of 34-36 degrees. Should I consider this very normal? Also, I thought a lot between SP/ML/ fan series, but I didn't look at the RPM status, I evaluated it as CFM and RGB, I used QL fan series. and H150İ 360mm cooler RPM values ​​are low for this system? I tested it like you said on the radiator. There it was overheating. I turned it as follows, it pushes the fans inside. In this way, air hits the GPU. Before turning it the GPU was getting to 65 degrees. Right now, since the radiator fans are hitting the GPU, it's 1-2 degrees lower, and the CPU dropped another 3-4 degrees. But still the warm room environment is not that warm. The case is very large. Fans in Balance mode. I will add a few more images of the latest situation below so that they can be found on the forum. Also, sorry for the sizing problem for the images I added earlier.

If there is another possibility, I will replace the thermal paste, share your advice, thank you.

I made a test before turning the fan. Look at the results pretty high values;

YpNpZRY.png

Results after fan on;

1OJAxSe.png

A picture of idle system;

l9E4bAk.png

the fan position is now like this so the GPU had 1 degree CPU 3 - 4 degrees difference. but still, the system temperature was 34 degrees without load, this was too much for me. The worst I will do is to replace the thermal paste or a new powerful cooler pump.

XA17D0X.jpeg

sorry for the size of the pictures :(

Edited by GhostX

the pump seems to still be running at 1100 rpm, it's way too low to cool during such loads. that's a trickle of water.

Can you test cinebench with the pump at full speed? or something over 2000 rpm at least?

If you keep the pump that slow, fans won't have much to do, so turning them around won't change anything.

As it stands the cooling performace is severely reduced just by the pump speed. There's not enough water flowing to cool the CPU.

Maybe uncheck the "all devices" switch as C-attack suggested and set the pump alone to Extreme, or to a higher fixed speed. You need more flow :)

the pump seems to still be running at 1100 rpm, it's way too low to cool during such loads. that's a trickle of water.

Can you test cinebench with the pump at full speed? or something over 2000 rpm at least?

If you keep the pump that slow, fans won't have much to do, so turning them around won't change anything.

As it stands the cooling performace is severely reduced just by the pump speed. There's not enough water flowing to cool the CPU.

Maybe uncheck the "all devices" switch as C-attack suggested and set the pump alone to Extreme, or to a higher fixed speed. You need more flow :)

Hello I want to thank everybody in this topic for helping out. I just realized I have to uncheck all devices to change my pump speed. I thought it's synchronized with fans. I didn't know pump needs another configuration for speed. I am going to make my setup again like the first one and turn the fans. I am making 5 minutes of test with Aida64 and Cinebench I'm adding the pictures of results down here. Thank you again I totally couldn't see that.

AİDA64 CPU+FPU

PgtIEAo.png

CİNEBENCH R20

fdqQp16.png

CPU-Z + CORE TEMP

aGJXv3O.png