Corsair Community

VS1GBKIT533D2 bad in Intel D925XBC

Hello,

My retailer recommended VS1GBKIT533D2 for a new Intel MB D925XBC. Windows XP failed with "Please Wait ..." after Pressing Enter to start setup.

Additionally, the system would become unstable after running for about an hour.

Intel said the problem sounded like memory and that Corsair memory wasn't approved for the board. They were right. Using each single VS512MB533D2 module yielded failures at different points in the Windows setup. Switching to Kingston memory fixed both problems.

Do I have bad Corsair memory or incompatible Corsair memory or both?

Thanks!

Michael

• Corsair Employees
These modules should run with out problems on this MB, please test the modules one at a time with the latest bios installed and please use http://www.memtest.org to test the modules and lets make sure one is not fialing. If you should find one is failing please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

I ran memtest on each module. Memtest locks 13% of the way through the first test on one of the modules. The other module refuses to even "turn on".

May I return them?

Thanks!

Michael

These modules should run with out problems on this MB, please test the modules one at a time with the latest bios installed and please use http://www.memtest.org to test the modules and lets make sure one is not fialing. If you should find one is failing please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• Corsair Employees

That might suggest some other problem, but lets try replacing the modules.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived