Corsair Community

H150i - Commander Core - Fan issues

Hi All,

I searched the forum and google for about 3 hours along with trying different things, so I am asking here.

I have the H150i with the 3 included corsair fans,

6 Lian Li Unifans,

and a Corsair Lighting Node Pro.

Like Most, I am trying to rid my system of all these USB header devices.

In order to do this, I need to better understand the way the Commander Core works. In all of my testing, I am unable to get any control out of any PWM fans other than the ones that came with the AIO.

Basically, the fan and the RGB control for spots 4-6 are not recognized in the software. Even moving the included corsair fans to these locations does nothing and does not allow control.

What gives?

The end game here is I would like to run all my RGB from ICue lighting node pro or the commander core. Your thoughts?

I looked into the commander pro but it does not appear to have a port for the AIO pump.

What would you do?

You should be able to control the PWM from the UniFans with the Commander Core. The RGB is, as you've seen, another story entirely. iCUE won't enable the RGB port unless it detects the return signal from the fan ... and those fans don't have the return signal.

Also, unlike previously, you don't have to connect the RGB in order. They aren't daisy-chained on the Commander Core. The CoPro doesn't have the port for the AIO pump - so that won't work. However, it would let you control the RGB for the fans (not supported by Corsair, of course!).

You should be able to control the PWM from the UniFans with the Commander Core. The RGB is, as you've seen, another story entirely. iCUE won't enable the RGB port unless it detects the return signal from the fan ... and those fans don't have the return signal.

Also, unlike previously, you don't have to connect the RGB in order. They aren't daisy-chained on the Commander Core. The CoPro doesn't have the port for the AIO pump - so that won't work. However, it would let you control the RGB for the fans (not supported by Corsair, of course!).

Thanks for the quick response. Any idea how I would enable the PWM for the other fans? Or where I would see the assigned output? Do they follow some other output?

Edited by jtcrowder49

The Commander Core is PWM only. There is no toggle between DC/PWM like on the Commander Pro. Besides the Unifans, what other models did you try? There are some PWM incompatibilities out there between controllers and fans, but it is not common and there has not been much discussion about in regards to the Commander Core.

The Commander Core uses an auto-detect protocol for both RGB and PWM. If your fans are not being detected, try and full shutdown and flip the PSU switch off for 10-15 seconds before starting back up. However, it seems like this is a control issue.