Corsair Community

AF120 or SP120?

Arthuris

Hi friends!

Like I said in the title I have a question about those types of fan, as you can see on my profile, I have a ATX MID TOWER - CRYSTAL SERIES 220T RGB BLACK case, and it came with 3 Corsair Sp120 Rgb Pro Performance 120Mm in the front panel, and no fans on back panel.

I don't know which one I should buy, the AF120 or the SP120.

And I also don't know if the rest of my setup influences this decision, but I think it's important to say, I also have a Corsair HYDRO SERIES - H100X on the top panel.

Thanks in advance for the help!

You may not want either. Most people would choose to complete the case with the same fan type from the front. The SP-PRO is a hybrid fan design capable of decent pressure and airflow without a ton of noise. Most fans fall into this middle ground these days and the current SP-RGB, SP-PRO, SP-Elite are not direct relations to the older generation SP-DC and SP-PWM 7 blade fans. The old "AF" and "SP" fan designs were the opposite ends of the spectrum. The AF moves a lot of air, but drops off significantly when faced with any kind of resistance. The SP does a much better job with that, but will make more noise doing so. Being on the end of the spectrum makes them more of a niche use fan.

You already have all the lighting control hardware you need. This would be as simple as connecting SP-PRO fans 4-5-6 into the Lighting Node Core in back. You can shop singles or the multi-pack, but if the price differential is close, take the multi and the spare controller. It may have future value.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/RGB-%26-LED-Fans/iCUE-SP-Series-RGB-PRO-Performance/p/CO-9050094-WW

• Confused 1

I went with these and love them. I had the QL 140mm and got sick of them, not pushing enough air.

CORSAIR iCUE SP140 RGB Elite Performance 140mm PWM Dual Fan Kit with Lighting Node CORE

Then went with noctua 120 3000rpm fans for my 480mm rad.

I see, thx for the info friend!

You may not want either. Most people would choose to complete the case with the same fan type from the front. The SP-PRO is a hybrid fan design capable of decent pressure and airflow without a ton of noise. Most fans fall into this middle ground these days and the current SP-RGB, SP-PRO, SP-Elite are not direct relations to the older generation SP-DC and SP-PWM 7 blade fans. The old "AF" and "SP" fan designs were the opposite ends of the spectrum. The AF moves a lot of air, but drops off significantly when faced with any kind of resistance. The SP does a much better job with that, but will make more noise doing so. Being on the end of the spectrum makes them more of a niche use fan.

You already have all the lighting control hardware you need. This would be as simple as connecting SP-PRO fans 4-5-6 into the Lighting Node Core in back. You can shop singles or the multi-pack, but if the price differential is close, take the multi and the spare controller. It may have future value.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/RGB-%26-LED-Fans/iCUE-SP-Series-RGB-PRO-Performance/p/CO-9050094-WW

Thanks for all the info buddy! It really helped me, you're awesome! I'm kinda new to the building pc scenery, so all the new info is great to have! Have a good one!

I went with these and love them. I had the QL 140mm and got sick of them, not pushing enough air.

CORSAIR iCUE SP140 RGB Elite Performance 140mm PWM Dual Fan Kit with Lighting Node CORE

Then went with noctua 120 3000rpm fans for my 480mm rad.

Those are great fans and look to be what I've been searching for and may pair them to my GTR 420s (55mm, 16 FPI), rep to you and c-attack, thank you :sunglasse Edited by Buff52