Corsair Community

COmmander core and pro installed.

Justr recently I installed the capellix 150i with the Commader core included and also the Commander pro. I installed the pro because there wasnt enough fan headers on the core and I have 9 case fans and 3 more on the AIO. I also have an rgb hub installed. I have six of the fans for rgb in the core and 6 in the hub. I have six fans for power into the core and 6 into the commander

When I have opened up Icue it was only showing the commander pro so I took the pro out and just had the core plugged into the usb headers and then the core was visible with the cpu and 150i Capellix but when I plugged the Commander pro back in and opened up I cue again the core isn't visible again but the AIO is on the Dashboard now but no CPU again.

I don't have a clue why this is and it's starting to annoy me because I cant even lower some of the fan speeds that are on the core because it's just not there. Any advice would be kind.

Actually I do see a box for sensors on the bottom leftbut still i should be seeing both the pro and core but I can't.

https://imgur.com/ESH5YHG

This is with the pump and fans set to quiet

No matter if I have these on extreme or quiet the case fans which are connected to the commander pro seem to operate at over 1500 rpm. When I put the Pump/core on quiet the case fans seems to speed up to full blast at over 2000rpm.

Are the case fans compenstaing for when I lower the radiator/ pump and fans?

It seems that even when I do the slightest thing the fans ramp up alot and the cpu go's up to 45C and even over 50C

Edited by AdamLW71

https://imgur.com/T7BMudP

This is the commander Pro supposedly on quiet

and this is the home screen sorry

https://imgur.com/7tnLc8w

I also have a problem with The core as node number 2 's led isnt working and I have swapped fans around and the led works on other ports.

So basically I have 2 problems now Commander pro fans (Case fans) full pelt even on quiet (high cpu temp?) and a node not lighting up after uninstalls, resets, multiple fan and led switches.

I feel like giving up here.

Sorry it took me so long to get back as I've been trying to solve this myself multiple times to check I wasn't going crazy. This is a brand new build with brand new items in my case.

Edited by AdamLW71

The Commander Pro's default fan curves are based on the CPU temperature. This often isn't a very good control source, especially if you are water cooling.

The Commander Core should use the coolant temperature as the control source, which is appropriate for radiator fans. For the other fans, you should probably use a different source as well.

Both the Commander Pro and the Commander Core come with thermistors, which you can put at strategic locations in the case to control your fan speeds based on the internal case temperature.

Hi, so you think I shouldn't use case fans on the Com Pro? I thought the best way to do it would be put 6 on each as I have 12 fans in total. Should I use splitters and have all 12 fans coming off the Commander Core? I actally have the AIO fans on the core as thats where the pump header fits into as it came with the core. I only bought the Pro was becasue I have so many fans.

My main problem was that even when I manually set it the Commander Pro to quiet mode it wont go below 1500 rpm but on my other machine it will switch to Quiet mode however hot the cpu.

I haven't installed the temp sensors into the machine but if I do will the fans respond to that or something I have to do manually?

Sorry to ask so many questions.

Hi, so you think I shouldn't use case fans on the Com Pro?

I did not say that at all.

I thought the best way to do it would be put 6 on each as I have 12 fans in total. Should I use splitters and have all 12 fans coming off the Commander Core? I actally have the AIO fans on the core as thats where the pump header fits into as it came with the core. I only bought the Pro was becasue I have so many fans.

If you do that, you will likely kill the Commander Core. So don't do that. (too much power on the fans).

My main problem was that even when I manually set it the Commander Pro to quiet mode it wont go below 1500 rpm but on my other machine it will switch to Quiet mode however hot the cpu.

I haven't installed the temp sensors into the machine but if I do will the fans respond to that or something I have to do manually?

Sorry to ask so many questions.

You can use the sensors (recommended) or any other sensor available to set a custom fan curve. That is what you need to do. One of the temp sensors can be used to get a reading on the internal case temperature and you can set the fan curve based on that. After all, that's what the case fans are actually cooling.

Hi, I know you never said that but you did say the pro was designed based on temps of the cpu and not the case cooling which made me think that's what you meant.

I'll defiantely start using the sensors too. I'm just a bit dumb when it comes to this stuff. I'm not used to the strange behaviour and heat that the new AMD chip seems to be presenting me with compared to my previous intel chips. I could just install and leave the intel chip to its own devices.