Corsair Community

Force MP600 1TB

Event 51: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 during a paging operation

I started getting this error around a couple of weeks ago. It happened while messing with Window 11 so I chalked it up to the early dev build.

I've since gone back to a clean install of Win 10 x64 21H1. The problem continues here and there. It happens when downloading from Usenet with SAB and while watching a video or doing other things on that same drive. This has never been a problem before. I've done it for years. It's possible the problem may not be triggered by that but since I am always downloading, the error in SAB is what tips me off. After it happens a chkdsk will not run on the drive and writing to the drive is not possible.

The only fix is rebooting.

The drive a gen 4 Corsair MP Force 600. It is not the OS drive and is connected to the NVME slot controlled by the chipset. It is formatted GUID NTFS It is less than a year old. I've run tests on it an it shows clean. Including BIOS tests on the controller and namespace. I've cleaned the drive repartitioned, formatted it and copied the data back over and and the problem continues here and there.

I've had this happen after a fresh 10 install without any AMD drivers for chipset installed (x570) and after the chipset drivers are installed.

Has anyone else had this happen and it NOT be the drive?

HWinfo 64 shows

Device Health: 95%

Total Host Writes: 53554 GBytes

Total Host Reads: 26405 GBytes

Crystal Disk info shows the same.

I have an 840 Pro I got in 2013 and used it as a Usenet drive until last year... still using it now for my Steam library. :biggrin:

Also, some other errors after event 51, It just happened again like 30 minutes ago so messed with things ... tried writing and reading, checking it wth hwinfo while it was in this state.. it did not show up.

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs

Date: 7/10/2021 2:16:05 AM

Event ID: 140

Task Category: None

Level: Warning

Keywords: (8)

User: SYSTEM

Computer: REDACTED

Description:

The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: D:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume6.

Failure status: A device which does not exist was specified.

Device GUID: {REDACTED}

Device manufacturer:

Device model: Force MP600

Device revision: EGFM13.0

Device serial number: REDACTED.

Bus type: NVMe

Adapter serial number: REDACTED

Edited by Bae Tard

I am able to trigger it if SAB is downloading or extracting and, if I start up a video from that drive and drag the seek bar a bit. The drive is still seen in explorer, device manager, and disk management but I can not do anything with them. diskpart knows the drive is just gone when this happens.

Sn99V8U.jpg

I changed the download and extract location for SAB and copied some videos to my OS NVMe, 250GB a 980 Pro.

SAB was downloading and extracting no problem while I had 3 videos playing. One of them was playing (twice) on 2 separate players at the same time. Dragging the seek bar around... no problems.

But this doesn't narrow it down too much since the 2nd NVMe slot is on a different controller.

1 TB 980 Pro ordered and I set up an RMA request through Corsairs web site.