Corsair Community

Vengeance RGB PRO issue

it's on the warm side, but nothing alarming at all. you may find you can run it cooler by watching the RGB settings. All white will heat up the sticks quite a bit.

The motherboard sensors seem to indicate your case internal temperature is close to 100°F, so your ram sticks will never go cooler than that too.

116°F on the first stick, i'm taking a bet on RGB :p

As for the timings, 3200 CL16 is fairly standard, not agressive at all.

ballpark values i had when using vengeance was somewhere around 10° above case temperature, maybe 5° more with some light RGB, and full white, full brightness, maybe 20° more.

with 85°F case temp, i could easily get 140°F ram temp with white RGB on the two middle sticks. Worth looking at.

• 5 months later...

Hi all and Happy New Years.

https://valid.x86.fr/mfuenh << My PC specs

I am having RAM issues again using Corsair RAM kits 4x8GB  for 32GB. 

Yesterday and twice last week I have gotten the blue screen of death while working and or gaming. I did have XMP enabled on my MSI MOBO. I have ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and it reports zero errors. Well a friend advised me to download and run MemTest86 and it came back with errors, I then disabled XMP and the test MemTest86 came back with no errors. What and I doing wrong?

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

1 hour ago, Technobeard said:

Looks like you're running two memory kits together. What's the version number of each kit? It's on the label.

Try testing one at a time with XMP enabled.

I see that 1 kit end 3 numbers are 146 & 147 and then 523 and 524 lol. I have the 146 &147 in now and will test them with XMP, ty for your suggestion

1 hour ago, Technobeard said:

Looks like you're running two memory kits together. What's the version number of each kit? It's on the label.

Try testing one at a time with XMP enabled.

20220103_143704.thumb.jpg.24526792927337b1b2edd06eae6812b3.jpg20220103_143652.thumb.jpg.73cc058dea555fd9662056c442f1c754.jpg

why don't  you use taiphoon burner?

you get all the info you need from that sofware....