Corsair Community

iCUE Scheduled profiles?

sw_dots

It would be a fairly simple thing (it seems) to have the ability to schedule profiles to activate at certain times/on certain days in iCUE. Is this currently possible, and I'm just missing it?

I keep my system awake so I currently quit iCUE so that the hardware lighting profile takes over at night, and I have that set to have all of my leds off for sleeping. I would like to have it automatically turn the LEDs on at 7:30 am and off at 11:30pm for example, but this has proven difficult to automate via task scheduler in windows. I have tried force killing icue at 11:30 but while icue is closed it sometimes leaves a few of the LEDs active and static, on the last colors they had. Starting icue via task scheduler also has issues, as I can run a powershell script or scheduled task to launch icue but it seems to show up in the task manager without showing the window in the foreground or taskbar, and doesn't actually activate the rgb. If I manually run the powershell script or launch the program from the start menu, icue seems to load just fine.

Any tips or tricks? I would really like to avoid the need to schedule it via killing the process, so a built-in icue schedule would be awesome! Maybe it's be nice to switch colors each day or based on time of day.

• Corsair Employee
The iCUE software does not have such an ability. You will either need to set hardware profiles to your physical devices for the LEDs to be off and close the iCUE software at night when you wish to leave your system on, or you will need to create separate profiles with the LEDs off and switch the profile before you go to bed.

Ok, I had not found the functionality so it makes sense that it doesn't currently have this ability.

Is there any possibility that this could be added in the future? I currently do as you suggest and switch the lights off but it would be a convenient functionality to have.

For lights out time, the easiest solution is to use a “scene” in CUE 4 or Instant Lighting Black in CUE 3. These both act like a lighting veil over the existing profile and can be enabled/disabled with a single click from the main window.

For CUE 4, create a new scene and change the static lighting color to 0,0,0. It should automatically apply to each device. Click on the scene in the left margin to apply/remove the dark cover. If you want a specific device to stay lit, you can individually remove a device from the scene by clicking on the device with the scene enabled. That will allow the underlying profile specific lighting to shine through.

Yeah! Scenes are a great way to make this easy. It is a bit silly but I would like to have the lights come on in the morning as/before I wake up, so for that it'd be really nice to automate scene switching. Why? Just because! It'd be sorta like an extra alarm clock element.

It mostly seems silly to have a complex and capable lighting and fan control system that is unable to do simple time based automation.

• 4 months later...

Being able to change profile based on time a day, ie a darker profile in the evening or whatever, is a feature request that dates back to before 2016, it's wild we haven't seen movement on something that would able to be coded in an afternoon.

• 2 months later...

A solution untill something better comes along.

To turn off my iCUE lights at 11 pm and on again at 7 am I have linked notepad to a profile all lights off.  I use task scheduler to run a batch program to turn on notepad  at 11 pm daily, turning off the lights  and another batch program that shuts down notepad at 7 am, returning the profile back to the default. .