Corsair Community

Corsair 4000d and Asus ROG strix b560 I/O connections

Hi,

I recently purchased a Corsair 4000d which looks pretty great but am having trouble figuring out the I/O panel connections including sound.

Does the case speaker connection insert into the same strip of pins at the lower right border of MB?

Any advice on how to connect I/O input would be appreciated.

Regards

Max

Its an Asus ROG Strix B560-A1151929468_AsusmotherboardIOpins.jpg.6d4a171d03799ea012ca3504594b6455.jpg

Managed to sort the LED / power and reset pins but still stumped about the sound/case speaker connection

I tried connecting the sound into the end row of the pins and then to a separate connector on the other side of the board ( lower left end). Still no beeps or sounds on booting.

975314352_asusMB1.jpg.747183f3d2e51f0f806dcc8d7746ba87.jpg

934576532_asusMB2.jpg.f0c3f4c5b22611035868e69e26a71ab1.jpg

ouch ^^

the speaker pins are for the little buzzer that beeps when you turn on the computer. it's not for the front panel audio.

look in the manual :

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1200/ROG_STRIX_B560-A_GAMING_WIFI/E17906_ROG_STRIX_B560-A_GAMING_WIFI_UM_web.pdf

page 1-17, that's the analog audio front panel connector, where you should connect the big cable. there is a blanked pin, so you shouldn't be able to connect it backwards.

Normally, in the motherboard's box, you should have the tiny round buzzer that connects to the front panel header (page 1-19)

FYI, it has been years cases ceased to have built in speakers. Usually it is a tiny buzzer that ships with motherboards. sometimes it is part of the case bundle, but it's almost never built in.

Edited by LeDoyen

hehe it's not for nothing that the "rtfm" expression is so popular amongst customer service people :p

When it comes to connexions, the motherboard manual will always have all the details, and a handy layout overview to help you find quickly the connector you need, and its pinout.

Next step after everything works : cable management ! :P