Corsair Community

Problems with RGB on Corsair Dominator Platinum

I just got two sets of 16gb Dominators and both sticks on one of the sets had one or more of the lights displaying either a dimmed color or a completely different color altogether. I tried them in all 4 of my slots and the problem persisted, while the sticks from the other set remained all correct, no matter the slot they were placed in. I've tried updating Icue, but i was on the most recent version (3.38.61) and updating the firmware for the sticks themselves. I also disabled mystic light and the problem was still there. does anyone have any suggestions for a next step? (sorry for poor quality images. all ive got is a phone)

image0.thumb.jpg.86f17bea7ddc96b83e78d3018591f7bd.jpg

image1.thumb.jpg.a928b9de3fa0b91cddb705b8571d670d.jpg

image2.thumb.jpg.7754edef6ed063b04a99ffc9d1dcb652.jpg

image3.thumb.jpg.51f9a96ff4109139b57c8d9ea304241f.jpg

there's a 11 pages thread about this issue : https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=191209

it's a hardware defect with the dominator LEDs. Long story short, you can try a warranty exchange see if you have more luck with the next kit.

the Vengeance ram has more sturdy LED mounting since they are directly soldered to the PCB instead of using flat flex, but the RGB effect is a bit different.. that's another solution if it persists

there's a 11 pages thread about this issue : https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=191209

it's a hardware defect with the dominator LEDs. Long story short, you can try a warranty exchange see if you have more luck with the next kit.

the Vengeance ram has more sturdy LED mounting since they are directly soldered to the PCB instead of using flat flex, but the RGB effect is a bit different.. that's another solution if it persists

Thanks. I drove to the brick and mortar location of the online retailer i bought them from (Best Buy) and they did a 1-1 exchange and are shipping a new one. they had heard of the issue and were good about it.