Corsair Community

need info on getting a rma

I have 2 corsair mem modules xms2 pro series ddr2.I have had my technician trying to get me system up and running and we have come to the conclusion that one or both sticks might be bad.So what should i do to get an rma #.

thanks

Can you tell me our modules part# (How To Read the Memory Label) and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Thanks, serials of modules-- cm2x512a-4300c3pro

xms4303v1.1

lot ---0443024-0

0453002-0

mobo-p5ad2

cpu-intel 3.6

the problem is that the computer will not boot and gets no video.on one of the modules the led lights are fine but on the other the led is constant red,hope this helps

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then I would try and reset the bios with the CLRTC jumper and see if the system will post and if so them please set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 Volts. And you can use http://www.memtest.org to test the modules. If that does not resolve the problem we can try replacing them. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then I would try and reset the bios with the CLRTC jumper and see if the system will post and if so them please set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 Volts. And you can use http://www.memtest.org to test the modules. If that does not resolve the problem we can try replacing them. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

thanks for the reply.i called my tech and gave him all the info you stated and he said all of that was done and still nada. :[pouts: sorry for the icon but this has been frustrating to say the least.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

i must be blind but i do not see a link,maybe im looking in the wrong place.anyway i filled out an rma form and used the thread id # along wit all other info.is that ok?

i must be blind but i do not see a link,maybe im looking in the wrong place.anyway i filled out an rma form and used the thread id # along wit all other info.is that ok?

found it..i didnt scroll down far enough,thanks

I wish I could help you with that, but they frown on it when I get involved. But you can call them at 510-739-3777.

been there done that,we are on a first name them and me..i even think they recognize my phone number when i call in..lol

O.K. no problem, please let me know how you make out!

I wasto get a wondering if it would be possible to get a tracking number on this ? they called and said the new ram is on the way an i want to make sure im here to accept it when it arrives..thanks

Yes, and you will need to call our customer service or email them. I dont have access to the RMA DB. 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or rma@corsairmemory.com.

actuall as soon as i sent the last email i went outside and there was the packagr from corsair,thanks for the fast service, your company sure stands but their customers and the support you have is 2nd to none.thanks again

Archived