Corsair Community

Just started crashing

I am after some advice on how to diagnose why my ONE would start crashing. I went away recently and was probably the first time I have turned off my box for a long time although it does get rebooted on regular occasions.

Came back from my break and now the PC will just suddenly turn off and boot to the bios. There is nothing obvious in the Windows 10 Event Viewer. I have done a memory check and a hard drive scan and nothing came up.

Other than that I have no idea how or where to check for issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will update my profile with my setting as soon as I can. It is a

Device name CORSAIRONE

Processor Intel® Core i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz

Installed RAM 32.0 GB

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Many Thanks in advance

Looking in the Corsaire_Cooling log this error has just started to appear. Not sure if this is an issue.

2021-07-03 11:32:58.2801 | 5 | INFO | Corsair ONE | CPU #0 = Intel Core i9 9900K

2021-07-03 11:32:58.2801 | 5 | INFO | Corsair ONE | GPU #0 = NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

2021-07-03 11:32:58.2801 | 5 | INFO | Corsair ONE | GPU #1 = Citrix Indirect Display Adapter

2021-07-03 11:32:58.2957 | 5 | INFO | Corsair ONE | Model = Normal

2021-07-03 11:32:58.3270 | 5 | INFO | Corsair ONE | Device (FW ver: 1.00.07) was connected

2021-07-03 11:32:58.3270 | 5 | INFO | Corsair ONE | Cooling mode: Liquid Cooled CPU and Liquid Cooled GPU

2021-07-03 11:32:59.2799 | 18 | INFO | Corsair ONE | Detect PC configuration...

2021-07-03 11:32:59.2799 | 18 | INFO | Corsair ONE | CPU #0 = Intel Core i9 9900K

2021-07-03 11:32:59.2799 | 18 | INFO | Corsair ONE | GPU #0 = NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

2021-07-03 11:32:59.2799 | 18 | INFO | Corsair ONE | GPU #1 = Citrix Indirect Display Adapter

2021-07-03 11:32:59.2799 | 18 | INFO | Corsair ONE | Model = Normal

2021-07-03 11:33:01.3117 | 19 | INFO | Corsair ONE | Device (FW ver: 1.00.07) was connected

2021-07-03 11:33:01.3117 | 19 | INFO | Corsair ONE | Cooling mode: Liquid Cooled CPU and Liquid Cooled GPU

2021-07-03 11:33:01.3117 | 11 | INFO | Corsair ONE | Set Default curve mode for Fan #0

2021-07-03 11:33:01.3117 | 11 | ERROR | PlatinumDeviceComponent | Malfunction: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: collection

This is another error I can see in the CorsaireLLAccessLogs

2021-07-02T14:54:57 I llservice.main: Starting service: "CorsairLLAccessService"

2021-07-02T14:54:57 I cue.llaccess.server: Started listening at QUrl("tcp://127.0.0.1:49671")

2021-07-02T14:54:57 I cue.llaccess.server: Successfully enabled remoting

2021-07-02T14:56:13 W cue.llaccess.server: dramWriteByte failed "Dram [0:58]" cmd: 97 data: 0

I started seeing that about 2 weeks after I bought my a100, followed by iCUE turning off my fan completely. This happened in both iCUE3 and iCUE4, iCUE is riddled with bugs can't be trusted to keep any machine cool. I had opened a support ticket immediately, and the person on the other end either couldn't / didn't want to understand / fix the issue. He instead suggested that it was because it was summer time and that it was fine for the CPU to be running at 90c at idle as long as it wasn't blue screening. When I finally got him to understand that it was a bug an iCUE, he said he'd let the iCUE team know about it... and then marked the ticket as solved even though my fan still wasn't spinning. A year later they released iCUE4 with the exact same bug, and a few more gems (see this Thread)

What I ended up doing for the year I owned that machine was to move the fan to the motherboard header instead of the CPU cooler. If you do this, you will need to run the fan at 100% as it can no longer ramp up based on a low CPU / High GPU load.

Those figures are all fine. Open the dashboard in iCue and keep an eye on those readings as you use your computer. Watch what happens to the fan and temps. Does the fan ramp up as the temps increase? What max temps do you hit? You also should look at the temps for the CPU and GPU - the chip temps, not the coolant temps - you can enable them in the dashboard.

Until you know what’s happening with the temperatures, it’s hard to know if your problem is heat or something else entirely. Could be a Windows issue.

Thanks all for the help. I am in the dark here so any advice is most welcome. I will keep an eye on the temps and also the chip temps, as you mentioned. I'm not convinced its a windows thing as there is nothing in any of the windows logs but thats not to say I have excluded the possibility.

At the time of the crash I have no idea. Is there a log ofr historic values? At the moment I have

Fan: 297

CPU Pump: 1857

GPU Pump: 1942

CPU Coolant: 42.6

GPU Coolant: 39.3

There is a cooling log stored somewhere in Program Files or Program Files (x86). IIRC there is also a place in the app where you can download them.

• Corsair Employees
Thanks all for the help. I am in the dark here so any advice is most welcome. I will keep an eye on the temps and also the chip temps, as you mentioned. I'm not convinced its a windows thing as there is nothing in any of the windows logs but thats not to say I have excluded the possibility.

If you haven't already, I suggest submitting a ticket at https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us for more assistance as well.

And that is for EACH response. I went 8 days without a response to an 'Urgent' ticket that was already escalated to a supervisor. Each day I asked for a status update and never got one. When they did send a response, they never actually addressed the questions that I had asked.

This is just the start of your headaches with Corsair... If you have the option to return it I suggest you do that (if not just for your own sanity)

• 4 weeks later...

Had a similair issue. turns out that windows performance profile took over control of the fan at the top of the corsair one tower. thought it was a chassis fan and started turning it off. caused crashes until i forced it to run constantly

9 hours ago, AronRohden said:

Had a similair issue. turns out that windows performance profile took over control of the fan at the top of the corsair one tower. thought it was a chassis fan and started turning it off. caused crashes until i forced it to run constantly

How did you force it to run constantly?

And Windows Power Modes don't do anything with fans. Windows, itself, doesn't do anything with fans. So while there may be a correlation here, that's not necessarily causation.

In the ICUE software under the cooling fan it was previously set to default.

I changed some settings allowing windows to go into performance mode and i created a new fan profile to force the fan to always be running atleast at a minimum non audible level.

that solved it for me