Corsair Community

K57 keyboard & Harpoon RGB mouse - losing my mind

I love Corsair, I really do. I've had many wired products of theirs throughout the years, and they've always been great.

But their wireless products are SO wonky and unreliable, it's actually amazing that the reviews are as good as they are. I got the K57 keyboard and the Harpoon RGB mouse a few months ago (same time), and noticed that they'd disconnect at random times and then automatically reconnect again. Eventually they both stopped connecting to my PC at all, and I had to get tickets for warranty (dongles, specifically). I received both replacement dongles at the same time and I've been using them for 8 days now.

But, these replacement dongles have the very same issue. They disconnect and reconnect at the most random times. Sometimes force quitting iCue works, but most of the time it doesn't. Turning the keyboard/mouse off and onto again does nothing either. I just have to pray that the keyboard connects for a short period so I can pause my game; if I haven't already died from unresponsive peripherals.

I'm currently on version 4.12.214 of iCue, but the issue seems to persist regardless of version. If I exit whatever game I'm playing and take a peek at the the hardware tab in iCue during one of these disconnects, it'll usually say "UNAVAILABLE" in the status/battery info in the device settings. Most often it's the keyboard that's affected, but it definitely happens to both.

I've tested so many keyboard and mice, wireless and wired, but only these two particular Corsair products have issues. I am absolutely certain that all the USB ports of my PC are working as intended. I should probably add that the disconnections don't occur when I'm playing wired, but... who buys wireless peripherals if they don't intend to use them as such.

I have no idea if the Bluetooth connection suffers the same problems, but I'm have issues connecting via BT so dongles are preferred anyway. I keep seeing threads about this, but never any real solution - is this just something I'm gonna have to deal with forever?

• Corsair Employees

Hi folpho,

Do you hear a USB disconnect noise when the devices lose connection?

If not, we're probably looking at 2.4Ghz signal interference. Try removing / disconnecting *any* wireless device you have in that work/gaming space, to try and remove congestion from your signal airspace. You may want to try changing your WiFi router's channel as well, if you're comfortable doing so.

What is the ticket number to the ticket(s) you've submitted on this previously?

Hi folpho,

Do you hear a USB disconnect noise when the devices lose connection?

If not, we're probably looking at 2.4Ghz signal interference. Try removing / disconnecting *any* wireless device you have in that work/gaming space, to try and remove congestion from your signal airspace. You may want to try changing your WiFi router's channel as well, if you're comfortable doing so.

What is the ticket number to the ticket(s) you've submitted on this previously?

I don't hear a noise, no. But there are no wireless devices in use in the room I keep the PC, aside from my Corsair mouse. I have a wifi range extender in the room next to me, which uses 5Ghz (I don't have access to the router itself since I'm renting a flat, hence the range extender). The router is somewhere in the building, but not sure where.

Ticket; https://help.corsair.com/hc/requests/2004389534 - that was for the previous dongle.