Corsair Community

Using the Corsair H150i PRO and can go above 1600rpm

As in the title i can't go over 1600rpm on my 3x stock fans.

Is this max rpm?

I'm on the 1.04 version firmware. Is this newest?

I want more airflow into my case from the front intake.

It feels as i can't change the pump either.

1600 rpm is the max speed for the ML120 “quiet” that come with the H150i Pro. Keep in mind the air temperature coming from the radiator will be approximately equal to the coolant temp. Blowing 35-40C air may not be helpful, depending on the cooling concern.

1600 rpm is the max speed for the ML120 “quiet” that come with the H150i Pro. Keep in mind the air temperature coming from the radiator will be approximately equal to the coolant temp. Blowing 35-40C air may not be helpful, depending on the cooling concern.

Ok do you mean that I need better fans?

Setup are like this.

Fans first 3x (setup as pull air through the radiator)

Then the radiator.

I have my 3090 ftw3 hybrid setup like this.

Radiator in top

2x fans pulling air from the case through the radiator and the out in the top of the case.

How can you see what's the newest firmware for the cooler?

No, I am not suggesting higher speed front fans. Higher fan speed might reduce cpu temp another 1-2C, but extra dissipated heat from the front radiator then is passed into the top gpu radiator. I am assuming the gpu is the main point of concern.

Top exhaust is the only viable choice for the hybrid 240 that comes with the kit. The coolant in the GPU system is likely to run 40-50C and you don’t want that dumped into the case. If main GPU diode temp is the concern, you can really only deal with that with the gpu’s own fans or in this case more top radiator fan speed. However, chances are you are concerned with VRM/VRAM temps like a lot of 3090 owners. I doubt the hybrid liquid cooling addresses that and cooling comes from the gpu fan and then the backplate’s ability to conduct and dissipate heat. More rear exhaust speed is probably the best method of dealing with that. You’ll never get enough velocity off a radiator restricted front intake for decent direct cooling.

Another possible option is to run reverse air flow — back fan intake and both cpu and gpu radiators as exhaust. Air now comes in from the back and this will be cooler than what comes off the front radiator. However, would not recommend this without knowing the case you are using and how it’s positioned. If you need to keep the case on the floor under a desk, this is a no-go and the air temp back there would be worse than radiator exhaust. It might not be aesthetically pleasing either.

To my knowledge, 1.04 is the latest firmware for the Pro series. Not too many updates for AIO firmware unless there is an issue. You can confirm by running an update check from the device settings.

Edited by c-attack

No, I am not suggesting higher speed front fans. Higher fan speed might reduce cpu temp another 1-2C, but extra dissipated heat from the front radiator then is passed into the top gpu radiator. I am assuming the gpu is the main point of concern.

Top exhaust is the only viable choice for the hybrid 240 that comes with the kit. The coolant in the GPU system is likely to run 40-50C and you don’t want that dumped into the case. If main GPU diode temp is the concern, you can really only deal with that with the gpu’s own fans or in this case more top radiator fan speed. However, chances are you are concerned with VRM/VRAM temps like a lot of 3090 owners. I doubt the hybrid liquid cooling addresses that and cooling comes from the gpu fan and then the backplate’s ability to conduct and dissipate heat. More rear exhaust speed is probably the best method of dealing with that. You’ll never get enough velocity off a radiator restricted front intake for decent direct cooling.

Another possible option is to run reverse air flow — back fan intake and both cpu and gpu radiators as exhaust. Air now comes in from the back and this will be cooler than what comes off the front radiator. However, would not recommend this without knowing the case you are using and how it’s positioned. If you need to keep the case on the floor under a desk, this is a no-go and the air temp back there would be worse than radiator exhaust. It might not be aesthetically pleasing either.

To my knowledge, 1.04 is the latest firmware for the Pro series. Not too many updates for AIO firmware unless there is an issue. You can confirm by running an update check from the device settings.

I can't thank you enough for your information!

I'm thinking that i replace the GPU fans for something better.

Do you have any fans in mind?

Also change the back fan for something better.

I'm benchmark in valley 3d on 70c.

I am assuming the fans on the gpu radiator are the stock ones from the hybrid kit. You can change these, but understand making gains on fans at like speeds is a small change. -2C would be the typical expected difference unless you are using really poor fans to start. You can usually get a better noise profile at the same speed.

EVGA does not list any specs for those fans on the product page. I will assume they are a moderate high speed fan, but it is a 9 blade hybrid design. If you don’t care about RGB, the Corsair ML120 Pro (black) is a good replacement. These are like your H150 fans but all black and with heavier padded frames. They max at 2400 rpm, so there is more top end. I would expect them to be more efficient on a radiator at medium speeds compared to any 9 blade fan. There is also a non-pro twin pack that are grey and exactly like your H150 fans, but with the 2400 rpm max.

If you want RGB fans, the ML120 RGB is the version but like the H150i fans will cap at 1600 rpm. Getting into RGB fans is complicated and often forced a course of action for the rest of the system. Don’t enter into it without a plan for the rest of the case. Corsair and most other RGB fans require additional lighting controllers to supply 5v RGB power. This is more hardware and more wires.