Corsair Community

H150i with 7 fans

Cyberaapje

I just got my H150i and are very happy with it.

Included are 3ML fans and i connected my Corsair cpu heb to or.

I am using a Obsidian 700d though and i want to replace the 3 system fans with ML140's.

The commandeur however only has support for 6 fans so seems i have to disconnect the psu rgb then. How can i solve this? How can i connect all 7 fans?

It will require an additional controller (Lighting Node Pro). I am going to assume you have an H150i Elite and not a "H150i". This is relevant since the Elite forces you onto a Commander Core with no additional RGB channels beyond the 6 direct RGB ports. That makes the LNP necessary but also provides a second RGB channel for the PSU.

Be aware the ML-RGB pictured above are the older 4 LED model. If you do have an Elite cooler, it came with ML-Elite fans that have 8 center mounted LEDs. The Commander Core will set them all as a base 8 LED fan. That may make dynamic moving effects appear faster/slower on one fan type or the other.

@LeDoyen thanks, thats what i wanted to know. The motor control is np, its the 3 system fans included with the Obisdian 700D, all 3 are connected to the system fan connnectors on my mainboard.

@c-attack yes its an H150i Elite, and damn thats nice cause the PSU is now plugged into the same channnel. I want the same fans i got with my H150i Elite just 140mm to replace system fans in my case.

I think these are the one i am looking for? https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Categories/Products/Fans/RGB-%26-LED-Fans/iCUE-SP-RGB-ELITE-Series-Fans/p/CO-9050111-WW

I dunno why but i looked them up and a set of these with lightning node pro is like half the price of the "wrong fans" i posted above...

Not sure these are the fans i am looking for...

Edited by Cyberaapje

Ok i ordered the Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB Elite Performance 140mm PWM Fan

That one matches the AIO and PSU fans. It will come with a Lighting Node Core to power RGB for fans 7-12 if needed. You also may be able to run the MB adapter for the PSU if it’s lighting is not important to your design. Then the LNC from the Elite pack can be saved for another time.

Thanks got my order today, connected all fans to the commander and the psu to the lnp. Glad u told me about the 4-8 led difference. Think i have enough xmass lights now.

Sadly my mobo (x570e) comes with 2 usb headers, so i had to unplug something. With all these rgb stuff it would be nice if future mobo's had some more usb headers.

But i am very satisfied with my new Asus/Corsair build so far :)

pc.jpg